Chapter 13: Visits

F/N: Another day, another migraine.

I muttered, typing away on my keyboard, the boss having dumped another massive load of work upon my sister and I. Despite the mild bitching, it wasn't as bad as it usually was. Even my sister would have made a similar comment, simply shrugged a little as she glanced over.

Kobayashi: Well, it isn't too bad this go around.

F/N: Fair, it's only thirty sheets.

My sister nodded as the two of us returned to our work. The chorus of keys clicking filled the air between us once more as yet another distraction caught our attention, Sara, a woman from a few tables down, stopped by our stations.

Sara: Hey, I don't know what's been going on with you two, but you guys seem happy.

Kobayashi: Huh? In what way?

She asked, pulling her gaze from her screen to look at the short alburn-haired woman.

Sara: Well, it's not like you two seemed down before, just now you look a lot less stoic, more open, is how I'd put it, I guess.

F/N: Yeah, you could say that.

I said with a smile as she nodded, looking up at the clock on the wall soon after.

Sara: Mhm, I'll catch you two later.

Sara stated before walking back to her station, the two of us looking over at each other a second before again resuming the typing. I couldn't help but think about Sara's words as I worked. Sure, we weren't the most appreciable by nature, but I guess it could be due to Tohru. It had to be at least two months now, and already she's changed our lives so much. Letting the smile creep up a little more, I finished the first page and moved on to the next.

F/N: Honesty, I can't imagine life without her, which out of everything, I never would have expected from a dragon.

I thought as the work droned on for a while, the menial task growing slightly more irritating as another email came in. Clicking the icon, a curse left under my breath as I moved the file in with the rest, expanding it to forty new pages on top of before.

F/N: Either of you get an email too?

I asked my sister and Takiya, which only got replies of two tired groans.

Takiya: Yeah, by chance, can you help me out with this? I know Kobayashi's covering for Yamashita.

F/N: Sure, let me... wow.

I said, looking over Takiya's schedule. The guy had several projects overlapping as he looked at me with a sweat drop.

Takiya: I might have taken on too much.

F/N: That's obvious. Alright, I can take this if you send over the files.

I said, pointing to the one on his monitor as I returned to my work—a relieved sigh left my friend as he sent over the files.

Takiya: You're a lifesaver. I'll pay for drinks next time we go out.

F/N: I'll hold you to it.

I said before stopping as I looked behind me; although there wasn't anyone there, something in my gut was pointing in the other direction. Though I knew few that could mask their presence, I paid it no mind and continued typing.

After about another five pages done and the feeling not fading, I was starting to get back into a proper mindset before the sound of loud footsteps came our way. With a heavy exhale, it was no surprise a few seconds later when the barking voice of our boss rang in my ear.