Chapter 16: Sunshine

F/N: God, it's been forever since we've been here; I missed this.

Kobayashi: Yeah, I guess.

She said after we both stepped onto the beach's soft white sand. The sun shone overhead as the first trickles of sweat dripped down my brow, begging me to rush to the water and dive in. Before any of that, our group first had to deal with two things, finding a spot and keeping the dragons in check—case in point, our resident maid beside me.

Tohru: Mhm, I haven't been to a beach in ages, and look at all those people! Don't you just want to mow them all down!"

F/N: I can't say the same, but you need to behave, Tohru.

I said, glancing over at her as she pouted.

Tohru: Aw, but I haven't let loose in so looooong.

F/N: Yeah, and the last time you did, you burned down half a field.

Tohru just chuckled a little nervously at that and looked to the side. My attention turned from her to the youngest dragon as she looked up at my sister and me.

Kanna: Is the ocean here salty too?

Kobayashi: Yup, same in your world?

She asked as Kanna nodded. All the while, our other companions finally showed up. I could swear to hear a boing sound as Luca stood beside us, her swimsuit being less of a suit and more of a barely acceptable censor for everyone else.

Luca: You know, my favorite part of the beach is that I can show off as much skin as I want.

F/N: Yeah, no, you're going to get flagged for that.

I said, rubbing the back of my neck, the ex-goddess humming before turning to the side and leaning down. The dragon's massive chest ended up in poor Shouta's face, the child blushing like mad as he forced himself to look away while she spoke.

Luca: Aw, what do you think, Shouta?

Shouta didn't really give a response as more of a retreat, the kid quickly running around his dragon housemate and standing on my other side.

Shouta: Protection.

He stuttered as I patted his head gently.

F/N: Don't worry, I'll protect you from the scary lady.

Luca: Hey now, I'm not that-oh?

She said before one of the lifeguards came over with a blanket and covered up Luca, and began to drag her off.

Lifeguard: Ma'am, please come with me; your suit is way too skimpy.

Luca: Awwwwwww, I'll be back!

She called while being dragged off the guard's station. The rest of us sighed softly before making our way across the sand and towards an open spot.

Kobayashi: We all saw that coming, right?

Tohru: Sadly, but it is how she likes to express herself.

She said with a small shrug before hoisting the sun umbrella and planting it down into the sand with a soft smacking sound. Humming in satisfaction, she stood off to the side as my sister, and I rolled out the towels before promptly sitting upon one as Shouta took the other.

F/N: So, who wants to bet on how long she'll be?

Kanna: No, she'll be back soon.

She said in her normal emotionless tone as I raised my brow.

F/N: Really? What makes you say that?

Luca: Because they let me go without much hassle.

The ex-goddess stated from my left, her sudden appearance nearly making me just out of my skin as I looked at her. The dragon was now wearing a suit that covered her chest but still left plenty of midriff for lookers to stare at.