ONE

Taehyung was in his office, sitting in the black leather chair, his feet on his desk, as he was reading through his paperwork he alreay finished, yet wanted to check if everything was as it should be.

Satisfied with his work, he reached out for his cup of warm tea and carefully took a rather long sip, while holding his pinky finger up. Gently throwing the documents into a folder with one hand, he took another sip, before putting the cup of tea on the desk again and stretching out, as his arms flew over his head.

Yuna was making her way over to Taehyung's office, being instructed by her boss to bring him to his office urgently.

As per usual, she entered his office without knocking.

Why should she be respectful to someone she simply despised?

"Boss wants us in his office," she tells him, boredom engulfing her tone.

Noticing he wasn't moving a limb, she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Now," she says sternly, tapping her heel against the floor.

Taehyung only let out a sigh, rolling his eyes at her, but got out of his chair before fixing his shirt and walking over to her. His brown eyes finally landed on her, and his face had a rather disgusted, yet bored look on it.

"It is rather brave of you to tell me what to do and how quick to do it." He went back to fixing his shirt, yet decided to undo three of the first buttons, slightly exposing his chest.

"Yeah? Well someone's gonna have to put you in your place somehow," she mutters, walking ahead of him to get where they needed to be. Yuna didn't know why they were needed in their boss' office, but she could only pray it was for something good.

"So how's your case going? I've noticed you've been given a ton of easy cases since that's all you can handle."

Taehyung only raised an eyebrow at her and let out a chuckle from the bottom of his throat, shaking his head. "If you call me solving a ton of cases before you could solve barely two, being 'easy..'"

Yuna shook her head as the pair reached the office. "I'm sure you, and the rest of the attorneys in this building are aware of the clean sweep of records I have," she boasts, raising her hand to knock on the door, but the secretary had beaten her to it, already opening the door for them to enter.

"Yeah, people often drown themselves in work when they're lonely and have no one to keep them company," he shrugs, pushing her to the side to step inside their boss' office first.

"God, you're so annoying," she grits quietly, following closely behind Taehyung to take a seat on the chairs opposite the large desk.

"Lovely to see you both," their boss' deep voice catching their attention. "I couldn't help but wonder what two masterminds would do if they were to work together on a case, and I'm glad my wonderments were of use. An old case just came up from the DA's office.." he explains, taking a seat opposite the pair.

"I want you two to work on it."

Taehyung opened his mouth to say retaliate, but he stopped himself, taking a glance at the woman beside him. He then quickly shook his head and fixed himself in the chair. "I don't see any progress being made if you make me work with this..."

He gestures towards Yuna with his hand, before he continued, "..this woman. Seeing how we both like to work alone and in the past, it has worked pretty well for us, I'm afraid we would only keep eachother distracted. Besides, why does this case require two people?"

Yuna kept her mouth shut, not wanting to flame the man and his pride in front of their boss.

"I'm sure you're both aware of the James Bulger Murder from 1993.." he starts, pulling out the case document from under his desk and placing it on the table, but keeping his hand on top of it. "Miss Mei, you weren't born when Robert Thompson and John Venables were arrested and convicted. And Mr Kim, you were a mere toddler at the time. Now, you're both probably wondering why I'm assigning you this case."

Yes, why were they being given a case that had already been solved 29 years ago?

"Their sentence is due to come to an end in a few weeks, and there's been talks between court officials on whether they should be released. The public most definitely want their sentence to be prolonged; if possible, a life sentence should be given. And I want you both to argue in favour of the public."

If Yuna could cry on the spot, she would, not because she wanted the criminals to be set free, but because she already couldn't handle Taehyung on a regular basis, and now she'd have to work with him every single day for hours on end until the sentence fixtures.

Taehyung bit on his bottom lip, gently rubbing on his chin. He had a hard time deciding whether this was a good idea, but when he looked at Yuna and saw the disbelief on her face, he made his decision with a grin.

He turned back to his boss, getting out the chair. He gently took the documents out of the hand of his boss and held it carelessly on his side of the table. "Well, I'm always looking to add more cases to my 'Win List'. And above that.." Taehyung turned around to face Yuna, as his lower back rested against the frame of the desk.

He had a wicked look and a huge grin on his face."I would love to spend some more time with you..."

Upon hearing his words, she snapped her head towards him. Yuna was questioning if she was actually going deaf or not. Of course, she was going to take the case with him, but she certainly wasn't expecting such... nice words to come from him.

"Um.." She slowly turns her head away from him suspiciously, looking back at their boss. "I'll take it as well. I guess I'm fine working with him," she mumbles, leaning towards the table to take the document.

Taehyung snatched the document away from her reach, already taking steps towards the door.

"Well, if that's all, then excuse me, but my tea has probably gone cold."

Taehyung's mood somehow got better after a bad start to the day. If he took the lead in this case, he'd be able to boss the younger woman around, especially knowing how passionate she was about her work.

Yuna bid farewell to their boss before catching up to Taehyung and stopping him in his tracks by standing in front of him.

"Give me the document," is all she says to him, and when he tried to step aside, she mirrored his moves.

"Give it to me. There's no way I'm letting you lead this case."

Taehyung would only laugh at her as he held the document tightly in his hand. It looked like he was giving it to her, but before she could grab it, he held it up in the air, over his head. "No way in hell you're gonna lead this. Now, step aside."

She tried to reach up for the document on her tippy toes, but her efforts were deemed useless. Yuna eventually gave up with a sigh, lightly smacking his chest, which actually felt quite firm, catching her offguard.

"Fine. Maybe if I let you lead this one, you'll feel good about yourself."

The older man only laughed, shoving her to the side so he could go to his office.

When he reached the door and opened it, his eyes landed back on her, wearing a slight grin on his face. "No need to boost my ego, honey," he says, stepping into his office with a smirk and closing the door behind him.

Yuna rolled her eyes at the latter and went back to her office to complete some of her own work, yet she finished that pretty quickly and now all she needed to do was work with Taehyung.