ELEVEN

Her eyes almost popped out of their sockets as she watched him hand the piece of paper to him. On the outside she probably looked a little shocked, but inside she was screaming.

Now with Leia gone, she didn't have to worry about the recording getting leaked, and Taehyung wouldn't have to take her on that God forsaken date.

"If you don't need anything else, I'd like to get back to work. Email me the date of the trial please, and thank you."

He then left the room without another word.

Taehyung rushed into his office and looked at himself in the mirror. He bit down onhis lip, walking over his chair to reach into his bag and pull out, what looked like concealer before dabbing a small amount of it onto his neck, to cover up the spill of unwanted bruises.

Yuna popped her head into the room, watching him.

"So what did you do to make her resign then?" she asks, a sigh followed right after as she leaned against the doorframe.

Taehyung only glared at her reflection through the mirror. He said nothing, mindlessly dabbing at his neck.

She clicked her tongue upon getting no response from him, shooting him a scowl through the mirror. "Did you threaten her or what? Because there's simply no way she just got up and left after what happened yesterday."

'What happened yesterday', those words made him wanna throw up. A breath hitched in his throat, as he kept staring at his reflection.

He took a deep breath, wanting to sound calm, yet it didn't work out the way he wanted it to. His voice sounded somewhat distant and hoarse. "It's none of your concern. All that should matter to you is that your job is safe and she won't be bothering you anymore."

Yuna scoffed and walked over to him, turning him around so he was facing her.

She couldn't understand why he was being so cold to her.

"What the fuck is your problem?"

He really wanted to tell her what happened, he really did. But he didn't have the guts to do so, in case she tried to use it against him.

"Watch your language, please."

"Don't tell me to watch my language. What the hell happened between you two?" she asks again, dropping her head down to meet his. "Seriously just tell me, I won't do anything with it.."

He let out a heavy sigh, as he rested his forehead on her shoulder. He was confused on whether to tell her or keep it to himself. Either way, the choice would eat him out alive. But that was unnecessary.

Taehyung gently slid down the collar of his shirt to finally let the daylight accentuate his bruised collarbones.

Yuna's eyes wander down to his neck, to his chest, her eyes widening at the sight of the harsh marks and bruises displayed on his skin. She took it upon herself to pull his collar down more to get a better look, and the more she found, the worse they got.

Now she knew.

He gently grabbed her wrists and took her hands off of him.

He didn't want to be touched.

"I understand you don't want to talk about it.. But she should be put in jail for this.." she tells him, hoping it would somehow lighten up the situation, but his current demeanour had her second guessing. "Tae.." she starts, hesitantly placing her hand on his back and pulling him closer to her.

Taehyung was quick to pull her into an unexpected hug, mumbling nonsense into her neck.

"I did it so she would delete the recording.." he starts, pulling away to look up at her.

"Sex for making her move and leave us alone."

Taehyung sacrificed his body for the sake of Yuna's job. He could've easily let her take the fall.

But he didn't.

Yuna rubbed his back in circular motions as she tried to process his words. "You shouldn't have gone through with it.." she whispers, moving her hand from his back to his head. "We could get her done for blackmail. We can't let her get away with it."

"And then what? Have both of us get fired for having sex in the office? Are you really that naive? Do you think I'll still have a reputation after that? No, I wouldn't."

"Is that all you care about? Your reputation?" The tone in your voice was rather confusing. You sounded mad, but also upset? Maybe pissed? "Taehyung, you just got blackmailed into having sex with another lawyer.. That in itself is bad as it is on her side."

Yuna hesitantly places her palm on his cheek, using her thumb to rub small circles against his skin. "So you're just gonna let her get away with it?"

Taehyung would nuzzle his cheek against her palm, trying his best to keep eye contact with the woman.
"That's what I agreed to, Yuna. I had a reason and I already did it. It's not like I can turn back time and undo it."

He was right.

He couldn't go back in time and reverse everything. Now Leia was out there, having finally got what she wanted from him, probably living her best life in another firm.

"God, you're so stupid sometimes," she mumbles, pulling him into a deep hug.

Taehyung her a slight smile, as he wrapped his arms around her, hugging her back.

Weird.

"I just didn't want you to get in trouble for something I made you do. That phone call was my idea, I probably should've thought about the consequences before making you do that."

"If it makes you feel any better, I'd 100% do it again, but be a little more discreet. And not call someone from work," she jokes, resting her chin on his shoulder as the pair stood there in the middle of his office, in each other's arms.

For once, they weren't at each other's throats.

"Oh, I bet you would."

He kept smiling, leaving a small kiss on her shoulder and pulling her closer to him.

"So now what do we do? You've pretty much wrapped up all the work for the case."

Taehyung took a step back from her, suddenly realising he could be making her uncomfortable, or even worse, playing with her feelings, which was not his intention,

"Oh, well. You did invite me for a drink at your place yesterday..."

"Ah yes, I guess I do owe you that drink," she nods knowingly. "Seeing as I am not prepared, come over in the evening and I'll have drink ready for you when you step into my home."

Yuna waves him off, swiftly leaving his office without letting him say another word. For some reason, she had the urge to impress tonight.

Maybe throw together one of her signature drinks for him?

No, that would be too much.