FIFTEEN

"My father had this one friend who had a daughter and they agreed to get us married, because they had some unresolved past drama and the guy said my father owed him and his child a 'good future." he shrugged it off like it wasn't a big deal and rest his head on her shoulder, eating the fruits from the bowl.

"Woah.. so you just went rogue, and ran away from Italy?" she questions, picking up a strawberry from the bowl and popping it into her mouth. "What was the daughter like? I'm sure she wasn't that bad."

"No, she wasn't. She was actually really pretty and smart, but I had a girlfriend at the time and I wasn't planning on dumping her, but she dumped me when I told her I wanted us to run away and get eloped."

Yuna stared at him in pure shock. His story sounded way too good to be true. "You're messing with me. There's no way you almost ran away with a girl to get married," she chuckles softly, shaking her head at the man and turning back towards the counter rather than him.

"It really felt like a movie, but now I sit behind a desk for most of my day and eat waffles my ex enemy made for me," Taehyung winks, eyeing the empty plates in front of them.

"You'll be getting a whole lot more than just waffles. I like to say I have a few tricks up my sleeve when it comes to the kitchen," she boasts, piling up the plates they had used, and carrying them over to the sink.

"Ah, I can't wait for that," he licks his lips, as he goes to stand behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and feeling her body ease against his as she turned the tap on, grabbing some dish soap to get a start on cleaning, leaving her to relax after a busy morning.

He managed to finish doing the dishes and much to his dismay, Taehyung's phone was ringing. He didn't bother to check who it was and so picked up the call, immediately regretting it.

It seemed that their boss was calling him back into work to assist the new starter he'd hired to replace Leia. Why someone else couldn't do it? Turned out the new starter barely spoke any English, only being able to communicate in Italian, which Taehyung was expertly fluent in.

"Fanculo la mia vita," he curses, ending the call with a huff and walking over to the front door to grab his coat.

"Wait, where are you going?" Yuna scrambles to get up onto her feet, following him behind him to block the man from leaving the house.

"Work. New girl needs my help since she doesn't speak much English," he explains, fixing the collar of his coat and slipping on his dress shoes.

Her lips formed a pout, a little bummed that he was leaving so soon, but she was adamant to have him come back.

"You can come back here after.. if you want, obviously," Yuna shook her head, trying not to seem too desperate but Taehyung could read her like a book.

"I'll be back before you know it, Yuna." He blows you a kiss and ushers you away from the door, which, after much struggle, you finally decided to free the man, letting him leave the house to head off to work.
From an outsider, it probably looked like a wife bidding farewell to her husband, the breadwinner of the family.

Yikes.

-

Taehyung spent most of the day guiding the new starter around. She went by the name Giana, and their boss had hired her claiming she was Leia's replacement, but he knew well the man was just going to use her for his own pleasure.

But what could he do? It seemed like Giana didn't mind it; being paraded around by a rich old man, so who was Taehyung to talk her out of it?

When he got back to Yuna's it was dead silent. He assumed she went out for a sec and immediately felt like it was illegal for him to be in her house alone, but after taking a couple steps upstairs, the faint sound of water running let him know that she was in the shower.