7

Hyunjin's POV

(Next day)

I woke up 2 hours before the actual time start of my classes. I always wake up 2 hours and it became a routine. I am thankful I can be like that and I don't have to depend on my alarm clock which is impossible for me to wake up.

I went to the bathroom and got ready for today. I don't have much thing to do with myself since I don't want to be the center of attention.

After I get ready, I went outside and saw no one. I am sure Grandmother went out to do something again. She told me not to interfere with her decision and she can take care of herself. She begged me so I stopped nagging about it. I can't do anything but worry about her.

"What's this, again?"

She prepared my breakfast again and it has a note beside it.

Eat your breakfast and make a lot of friends at school.

Am I able to do what she wanted? Can I have dozen of friends for her to be happy and satisfied? She keep asking me last night if I made a lot of friends because she wanted to prepare something for my birthday. I told her yes and she seem so excited about it. Just seeing her happy makes me not want to give up.

Me... For 2 years, it was so hard to adjust everything and continue living like nothing happened. I have been trying so hard to pretend like I am fine but I am not. To be honest, it wasn't easy at all. There are times I wanted to stop being a burden to my Grandmother but all those thoughts stopped when Grandmother cried in front of me.

That was so painful for me.

I promised myself not to give up easily and keep trying no matter what it takes. And it took me 2 years to adjust everything after what happened.

I finished eating and left to go to school.

I miss the sound of waves, the sound of silence, sound of transportations, people talking, especially Grandmother's voice.

She is old yet she never stopped working to save money. I know and I pretended not to know that she is saving money for my surgery. I wanted her to stop because it hurts to see her hoping for something impossible.

Can I be more honest?

I don't hate my life even though I can't hear. I saw how cruel the world is, people who are true will stay with you no matter how hard it takes. I guess this is the challenge of my life. To escape the reality and live my own world.

As I glanced at my left side, I saw Areum waving at me. Half of her body is out of the car, she is smiling so wide and waving at me like she just saw me after a long time.

"Does she want to die?"

The car is moving yet she is not even scared. She gave me another smile before the car finally went away.

Last night, if I am not mistaken. She went to the fastfood and ate something. I am sure I served her and she is still wearing her uniform. But... A rich student like her should be eating in her house with food that was only cooked for them. Why did she go to the fastfood late night?

Anyway, she was saying something but I can't understand since I can't look at her properly. I just ignored her and continued working. It is not time for me to chitchat with her while I am working.

She is lucky she doesn't have to work to spend money. She can spend money and she can still receive some.

I think she is familiar though. I have seen her somewhere but I don't remember when and where. I am certain I saw her.

I arrived at school, I wasn't expecting to see a lot of students out of their classrooms. What are they up to? Early this morning? They should've been in their classrooms-

All of a sudden, a student who has a ponytail style of hair handed me a box. She said something but I didn't even understand it, then she hurriedly left like she was being chased.

Again?

I stopped as I saw Areum talking to her friend who has a thick blush on. They were talking about something serious. Her friend talk too fast so I can't understand her but... Areum?

"What made you say so?" Areum asked

Her friend started talking fast again while Areum look so shocked by what she heard. She seem nervous.

"I admit he is handsome. Every girl's type" Areum sighed

Her friend laughed and she became defensive about something.

"I am not saying I like him but it's not impossible for me to fall for him" Areum

Her friend started teasing her while poking her arm- She stopped when she saw me standing near them. She then told Areum about it and Areum look shocked.

Areum's eyes widened "What are you doing here?"

I just looked at her.

Her eyes darted to the gift I am holding "D-Did someone invited you again?"

I looked at the gift and handed it to her "Take it or throw it way"

She nodded. She then looked at me "Why? Are you going to say s-something?"

Was she talking about me earlier?

"You are blocking my locker"