17

Eunji's POV

"Let's eat"

Areum shook her head and closed her eyes.

I have been telling her that we should eat lunch but she always refuse. She already skipped lunch yesterday and even tried to skip dinner yesterday if only Chan didn't invite her. I don't even know what's gotten into her and I am getting worried.

"Areum, it's no good if you will keep skipping lunch"

She ignored me.

"I'll pay for your lunch. Let's eat, please?"

She then looked up me quickly "Let's eat"

All of a sudden, she dragged me out of the classroom to our cafeteria. As soon as we arrived at the counter, she ordered for us without even asking me. After she ordered, she looked at me.

"What?"

"Your card" she said

I took my card from my wallet "You planned to act like-"

"Give that to me" she said and took it from my hand

She gave it to the cashier and even inserted my pin code which she already knew. We both know each others' pin code in case we forgot about it. She carried our ordered to our chosen seat and made me sat like she is the one who paid for the food.

I looked at her.

"What are you looking at?" Areum

"Tell me, okay? Be honest. Why did you skip lunch yesterday? Are you also waiting for me to treat you? Like today?"

"Yesterday? There is something that keep bothering me but I am not able to say it. You are my best friend but there are things that I should also keep as a secret. I don't even know if that person wanted me to tell anyone" Areum

"I am not forcing you to say it but at least don't let yourself get bothered. You didn't even eat because of that. I can't believe you fooled me today"

She chuckled and started eating "I forgot. I asked Seungmin about the partner thing you told me. He said he didn't ask you directly. He just wanted the two of you to be partners, if ever there will be no one with you until that night"

"Of course, there is no one. If he won't ask me, I was planning to ask him personally"

She raised her eyebrow and shrugged her shoulder. I started eating but all of a sudden she sighed which bothers me even more.

"What now?"

"I met Haeun at the library when Hyunjin left for the student club. She asked if Hyunjin and I were close. I told her yes and I am his only friend. Haeun all of a sudden asked about Hyunjin's date for that night, I told her there is none" Areum

"Oh my gosh! Don't fucking tell me-"

"Hmm... It seems like that. She will ask Hyunjin to be her partner" Areum rolled her eyes

"Haeun is your childhood friend, right?"

"She is but I don't think she sees me as her friend as well. It feels like she always wanted to beat me. Everything is a competition to her once she saw me" Areum

"What about your feelings?"

Areum started coughing "W-What feelings?"

"Why are you overreacting? I was talking about Haeun. You seem to be so concerned about her but she is not. So, I was asking if your feelings is fine to be so kind to her while she act like a bitch"

She looked away.

"Do you like Hyunjin?"

She blinked a few times "What? N-No way! He is not my ideal type-"

"You said a few days ago that he is your ideal type. Don't even lie"

She stayed quiet and continued eating. I keep glancing at her reaction while I am eating, and she seem so bothered about what Haeun told her. It's so obvious, Areum. How dare you deny it?

You fucking like him.

"I feel like Haeun likes Hyunjin" she said

"If you don't like him, why do you look so worried?"

"I am just happy for him-" Areum

"Happy my ass! I was like that when I realized I like Seungmin"

"What's with the face, Areum?" Changbin asked and sat with us, along with Jeongin

"Your brother will think that we are bullying you" Jeongin

She sighed and continued eating.

"You two listen. There is a friend from states who asked me about this. She is really close to this guy and the guy seem to be ignoring everyone except her. Then, her friend whom she really have a not so good relation, suddenly asked her if the guy already have a partner. You guys probably noticed why she asked, right? She wanted to ask the guy to be partner with her. My friend is so bothered about it and she always deny that she likes him. She is acting so jealous yet keep denying. I wanted to help her. What do you think will happen to her guy friend and girl friend? Opinion about that?"

"To be honest, if the girl is his only friend and he ignores everyone around him. I must say he is interested in her. It is so obvious, but we don't know what kind of interest. He may be interested to be close friends with her or date her" Changbin said

I looked at Areum and she looks so pleased with Changbin's answer.

"I don't think so. I think her guy friend and girl friend will end up together-" Jeongin

"You are really insensitive towards the girl's feelings! How can you team up with her girl friend? Yang Jeongin, I didn't know you are heartless. I lost my appetite" Areum took her food and left the cafeteria

"I was just telling my opinion" Jeongin looks confused

Areum... You do like him.