19

Third person's POV

"Hyunjin?" she whispered as she saw who is in the basketball court room

It was Hyunjin. He is there right after their meeting finished. He borrowed the ball from a member of art club and even made an excuse that he is not going to play but instead he will put it where it was supposed to be.

_____________________
Flashback

Hyunjin is just sitting quietly as he us trying to understand what is going on. He is just watching them do their thing. He wanted to suggest something but he feels like they will ask him some questions. How is he supposed to tell them about his suggestion?

Little did he know, everyone in the room, especially the girls, admire him so much for having good grades and has a lot of achievements. He became popular when students of Class 2-A told their friends that Hyunjin have the bad boy vibe, cold personality and doesn't want people to talk to him. He has good grades and have a lot of achievements which really turned on everyone.

He doesn't even know that he is too popular to join art club which is not really the school's priority. No one ever joined any competition for arts since they are all shy. Now that they have Hyunjin, they feel like he will be their key to many achievements in the future.

A lot of students tried to enter the art club or apply as member because of Hyunjin, but too bad. There are already a huge number of members which is more than the limited number that they expected to be.

As they finished the meeting, Hyunjin saw one of the club members holding the ball while doing something in his locker. He is hesitating but ended up walking up to him.

"I was wondering if you needed some help? You look like you were having a hard time holding the ball" Hyunjin

The guy was shocked to hear Hyunjin speak more than three words "Ah? I was supposed to put it back to the basket-"

"I'll take care of that. You can do your thing" Hyunjin said

The guy nodded and handed him the ball. He even thanked him and left the school.

End of Flashback
_____________________

Areum is watching silently even though she knew Hyunjin couldn't hear her. A smile appeared on her lips as she saw how good Hyunjin is.

"Chan will be so pleased to see this" she whispered and took a video of Hyunjin for around 10 minutes, . Then, she sent it to Chan as soon as possible.

She knows the time limit for the video for those students who wanted to join the team for basketball. Felix explained it to him and even watched some. She even know the basics and that really helped her when she is always watching some basketball.

Hyunjin keep playing and shooting the ball perfectly like he practiced it for a hundred times. He never missed any chance to score and that made him smile so wide. It's been a long time since he played. He is currently enjoying the moment.

As soon as he gets tired, he stopped and was about to go the bleacher where his things are. He noticed Areum standing at the end of the bleacher.

"That was great!" she shouted and clapped for him

He ignored her. Hyunjin is supposed to rest but he ended up taking his things and decided to leave the basketball court. When he was about to leave the basketball court, as soon as he passed by Areum-

She took the ball from him and started dribbling it away from Hyunjin "Someone taught me how to play. I guess you perfect everything"

He patiently stood there and didn't talk at all. He wanted to leave but he needs to put the ball where it was supposed to be. He is just annoyingly watching her play the ball. But he is amazed to see a girl can perfectly score without missing one chance.

"I am close to the captain of the basketball team. I can talk to him to let you join the team. You remember the guy I am with, when we ate at the fastfood you were working at? The one who has broad shoulders. He is Bang Chan and he is leading the basketball team. They were looking for amazing players and I guess having you in the team will be a really pleasing sight to everyone, especially to your fans" Areum

Hyunjin understood what she said and replied, "You don't have to. I don't want to, as well"

She stopped playing but still holding the ball as he faced him and smiled "I thought you will tell me to get lost, move, or leave me alone. You gave me a different reply. Should we celebrate? I can also put that in my reminder"

"What do you want? Can you just go?" Hyunjin said and rolled his eyes

"I already know your secret. I thought that you should know that I already found out about it" Areum

"I don't have any secret to keep or to spill. If there is, and you found out. Keep it to yourself" Hyunjin

Areum pouted

"Put the ball where it belongs" he said and was about to leave-

Areum hurriedly ran and held his wrist.

"What now?" Hyunjin looked at him

"I know you can't hear"