10

Areum's POV

"That's so impossible"

I am sure he knows that no one is singing but why did he fucking said that the voice is nice? Dude... Or I am the one mistaken? Fuck. I know for sure that no one is singing.

I saw the group of people playing the instruments and those who are in charge of singing are taking care of the forms. So no one is singing. Who the hell is Hyunjin talking about? Wait- Can he hear something I couldn't? No way.

I am so certain that no one is singing earlier. I keep thinking about it the whole day. After going to music club, Hyunjin left hurriedly without even saying goodbye. I was left there dumbfounded. It was crazy. I don't know what happened. I wanted to move but I froze.

"Areum! Areum! Our last class will start" Eunji said as she sat beside me

I am currently sitting on the bench where Hyunjin is sitting this morning when I saw him. I know he won't go where I am since he is avoiding people as much as possible.

"Don't tell me you are skipping class again!? Your brother will be so mad at you" Eunji

"And if I am? Are you going to tell him? Why are you always using me to get close to him"

She pinched my cheeks and smiled "You... You know I like your brother more than you, right?"

"Shit. You are annoying"

Eunji winked "That was a joke. No matter how I hate you and I was given a chance to save one between you and Seungmin. Of course, you know the answer"

"You will save me-"

"I will save Seungmin" she smiled and that annoyed me so bad "Let's go. Let's continue the argument tomorrow. We have to be there before our class starts"

"Fine"

We both went to our classroom before the actual time of our last class. That teacher is the one who put me in trouble. He gave me F when Seungmin did my project. Anyway, Seungmin talked to him and he apologized for what happened.

As we entered the classroom, I saw Hyunjin wearing earphones while reading the book. Was he wearing earphone earlier? I am certain he is jot wearing anything that can give me an excuse.

"Listen very well" Eunji smiled and tapped my shoulder as she went to her seat

I sat beside Hyunjin and he seem not to notice my presence. That's fine. I don't want to talk to him too. He gave me so much headache.

"Good evening" Mr. Go entered and looked at the whole classroom

Hyunjin glanced in front and took off his earphone.

Mr. Go started the lesson and he talked about our next topic. I want to listen although I really don't want to. But I want to give my mind something to focus on, I guess Hyunjin's presence bother me so much.

It's just his second day but he is already giving me that mysterious vibe.

"Kim Areum" Mr. Go called

I stood up and bowed

"Why are you spacing out? Aren't you supposed to be listening?" Mr. Go

"I apologize. I am not feeling well"

"Sit down. Make sure to at least try to listen" Mr. Go

I bowed and sat down.

Hwang Hyunjin... You almost got me in trouble. How can you give me such problem? Is this my karma for belittling the problems I have? Is this because I am always happy and never had anything like this?

I glanced at Hyunjin and he is reading his book.

"Okay, so, Hyunjin, can you explain us the questions? What can you notice?" Mr. Go said

Hyunjin didn't even flinch and he is still staring at his book.

"Hyunjin?" Mr. Go

He is still staring at the book.

"Hwang Hyunjin" Mr. Go called but his tone is different now. He seem to have lost his tempered from calling Hyunjin over and over again.

I don't want to be involved but...

I tapped his shoulder and he looked at me "Mr. Go is calling you for three times"

Is he reading my lips?

He stood up and bowed "I am sorry. I am too focused on the book because I don't want to be left behind"

"I understand. Make sure to answer right away when I called you. Sit down" Mr. Go said and signaled him to sit down

Hyunjin bowed and sat again.

The class continued. He gave us some reminders for the upcoming competitions for varsity players of our school. There will also be some try out for the new players.

"Class dismissed" Mr. Go said and left

Hyunjin prepared his things and left. I hurriedly took my bag and followed him.

"Ya! Where are you going!?" Eunji shouted from our room

"See you tomorrow! I have to go first"

She nodded.

I saw Hyunjin is already far. I ran as fast as I can and blocked his way. He just stared at me with no expression at all.

"Hyunjin!" one of the art club member called

"Why?" Hyunjin asked me

I am just staring at him.

"Hwang Hyunjin!" the member once again shouted while walking towards us

"Move" Hyunjin told me

Why can't he hear his club member?

"Hyunjin! You forgot to take the room key!" the member shouted

He did not even bothered looking back.

"Why are you blocking my way?" Hyunjin asked

"H-Huh?"

He looked away and left.

He didn't hear that?

Hyunjin... Are you deaf?