23

I was woken up by a hand running through my hair, and a gentle voice calling my name.

"Leon... Leon... it's time to get up."

When I finally managed to force my eyes open, I was greeted by pure darkness. I moved my arm up to try and bat the hand away from my head, but immediately dropped it as pain shot up through my shoulders. I was extremely sore from the way I had slept, arm stretched above my head.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, it rolled me over, putting me on my back. I could barely make out Dean's shape leaning over me in the dark. He made quick work of removing the cuff from the bed frame, so he could cuff my hands together.

I was too disoriented to do anything about it. "Is that really necessa-'' His hand clamped down on my mouth.

"Shush. It's in your best interest to cooperate, Leon. You won't be getting away from me again." He removed his hand, and a moment later I heard the sound of duct tape ripping.

Immediately after, he pressed the tape down against my mouth. That was going to hurt when it came off later.

"Come on. Get up."

My eyes had begun to adjust to the dark. I pulled myself out of the bed, standing slowly. My legs felt like jello.

I saw now that Dean carried my bag in one hand. His other hand grabbed my arm as he guided me out of the room.

The first thing I noticed was Joseph, sleeping soundly on the couch. He was totally oblivious to everything that was happening right in front of him. The second thing I noticed was Paul, standing near the door with a smirk on his face. The third thing... I was cuffed in the front.

Before I could even think about my actions, I slammed my fists sideways into Dean's stomach. He stumbled, a grunt of pain slipping from his lips. That was enough of a distraction for me to break out of his grasp.

I tried to put some distance between us, ducking away from him and unintentionally putting myself closer to the front door... and Paul. He quickly caught hold of me, catching me by the waists. Before I could object or get my bearings, he hoisted me off the ground, easily slinging me over his shoulder like an empty sack.

At some point during the struggle, Joseph had woken up. I knew this, because his soft voice suddenly piped up. "Dad, what the Hell are you doing with Leon? What's going on?" Besides sounding groggy and out of it, he sounded scared. Hell, I was scared too.

I tried to make some noise through the tape. Nothing logical came out, just some low groans. I could tell Paul was getting worked up from how hard he gripped my body. I was sure to bruise where his fingers dug into my skin.

"You mind your damn business, boy." Venom laced his whispers. "I'm doing this for our family. Now go back to sleep, god damnit."

I heard Joseph whimper quietly, but he did not respond. He didn't have time to, Paul lugged me out the door immediately after, almost slamming my head against the doorframe. Dean followed closely behind, shutting the front door.

I didn't bother to struggle as Paul carried me down the stairs and out the door of the apartment building. It was still pitch black outside. The moon glowed dimly, a small sliver in the night sky. 

We ended up in front of the grey cargo van I had seen when I first arrived. Dean pulled open the back doors, and without a moment of hesitation I was thrown down onto the floor of the van.

My head hit the ground. Hard. I groaned, reaching up to try and hold my head. The cuffs did not allow it. I heard Paul chuckle. I felt a hand on my ankle, and I forced my head up to see Paul tying my ankles together with a length of thick rope. I watched him make the knots. It would help when I needed to undo them later.