( 7 )

I had fallen asleep sometime late in the night, and by the time I woke, the sun was peeking out from the horizon. It took me a moment to remember the events of the night, but once I was fully awake, I was smacked in the face with reality.

Tris assaulted me. Morte 'rescued' me. Then handed me over to Dean. Which led me to where I was now. And where exactly was I?

I sat up, turning my head to look out the window. There was nothing but trees in every direction, miles and miles of trees. A whole fuck-ton of trees.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." Dean's voice startled me out of my thoughts and back into the moment. "Aw, you think I'm beautiful?" I looked over at him with a slight smile on my lips.

He simply scoffed and rolled his eyes in response. But he didn't deny it. In fact, he didn't say anything for the next 30 minutes. The next time Dean spoke was when we pulled into the driveway of a rather large house, built near a rather large lake. "Get out. But don't you dare think about running. You know I'll find you." His voice was monotone as he killed the engine, aggressively flinging open his door and stepping out of the car.

I cracked open my door, climbing slowly out of the car. I took a few moments to look around, ignoring whatever Dean was doing. He had gone to the trunk, but I didn't really care about what he was up to. I was already planning my escape, despite my better judgement.

I looked towards the lake, hoping it would offer some sort of escape option. It was too wide for me to swim across. I'd never make it. It didn't seem too deep, but these factors stopped the lake from being a good escape route.

Now, I turned back towards the car, peering back inside. My eyes landed on the driver's seat, and a feeling of excitement stirred within me.

Dean has left his pistol in the seat. It felt too good to be true, but I was willing to try anything at this point.

Trying to fly below the radar, I slid back down into the passenger's seat. Watching to make sure Dean didn't look up, I leaned over and snatched up the pistol. Adjusting my grip, I checked that the chamber was loaded. And it was.

Placing a finger over the trigger, I stepped back out of the car, standing and turning to face where Dean was, still rummaging through the trunk. He hadn't noticed me yet. I adjusted my stance, raising my arms and aiming the pistol at his chest. "Hey, Dean?" I calmly called out to him, waiting for him to look up.

"What do you want?" Dean looked over at me, closing the trunk. He held something in his hand, but I couldn't tell what it was. My finger pulled down on the trigger, and the gun went off in my hand, sending the bullet straight through his chest. My ears were filled with a horrible ringing noise as I lowered the gun to my side.

He staggered back, holding a hand over the area where the bullet went through. But he didn't fall. He didn't seem to be affected at all. He glared at me, slowly moving his hand down, revealing where the bullet hole should have been. But there was just... nothing. No evidence of him ever being shot.

I thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head from how wide they got. What just happened? I stared at the spot where the bullet should have gone in. There was no blood, no hole, nothing. It's as if the bullet never left the pistol. But it had. So what the fuck?

I looked up at Dean's face, my hands beginning to shake violently. I dropped the gun, taking a step back from him. He started moving towards me, a wicked smile on his lips. "I'm sorry, I believe I forgot to mention that it's impossible to injure me." His voice seemed to mock me.

"Well.. that would've been valuable information a few moments ago." I muttered, taking another step back as he continued to move forward. My back hit the car door that I had left open. Another two steps, and Dean was looming over me.