Chapter One

≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾
𝕿𝐇𝐄 𝕯𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋'𝐒 𝕸𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒
≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾

   Song Ji Eun looked out through the window, lazy boredom writ across her face as she stared out at the city, it's lights bright against the night sky

   Song Ji Eun looked out through the window, lazy boredom writ across her face as she stared out at the city, it's lights bright against the night sky. She wasn't particularly happy that Yo Han wouldn't let her do the driving, but was satisfied with the second hand adrenaline rush as they sped through the streets of Seoul.

   They were on their way to the Social Responsibility Foundation's event. Her face twisted with cold displeasure as they neared the venue, where the president of the nation himself was shouting himself hoarse of the achievements they've made and how well they handled the pandemic that wrecked havoc in the city, especially among the slums.

   The event was attended by some of the most high ranking and wealthiest people in the entire country: Seo Jeong Hak, the Board Chairman of the Social Responsibility Foundation; Cha Gyeong Hui, the Minister of Justice; Min Yong Sik, the Head of Inbo Group; Park Du Man, the Chairman of Saram Media.

   She quickly controlled her features, giving Yo Han a tight nod when he glanced at her inquisitively. They pulled up in front of the building, Ji Eun fixing a demure smile on her face as her colleague got out and opened her door, taking his outstretched hand. A silver cross hung from his right wrist, glinting in the lights as he placed her hand on his arm.

   Neither of them were overly dressed. Yo Han wore a smart dinner jacket and slacks, a bow tie tied neatly in his collar and not a wrinkle in his neatly pressed shirt. Ji Eun, on the other hand, wore a crimson red suit, paired with a pair of black, needle pointed heels, her hair tied loosely and stylishly in a side braid. Red painted her lips and there was a glimmer in her eyes, not unlike that in her partner's.

   Both of them stepped on the red carpet leading up to the podium, Ji Eun dropping her hand as she and Yo Han began to clap with a smile on their faces. Cameras flashed, making Ji Eun flinch ever so slightly but nobody noticed. Both of them shook hands with the president before taking the stage, or rather, Yo Han taking the stage with Ji Eun lingering behind him.

   "Hello, I'm Kang Yo Han." He bowed to the crowd. Ji Eun reminded herself that this was being aired live and stepped forward, speaking softly into the mic, "Hello, I'm Kang Yo Han's partner and colleague, Song Ji Eun." She made her bow as well.

   "Judge Kang," one of the reporters called, "what do you think of the controversy over the constitutionality of this type of trial?"

   "What about the criticism that it's just an anti civil rights show?" Another reporter asked.

   "Judge Kang and Judge Song are expected to be too punitive. We have a concern that you lack consideration towards the socially disadvantaged-"