Chapter Seven

≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾
𝕿𝐇𝐄 𝕯𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋'𝐒 𝕸𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒
≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾𝕿𝐇𝐄 𝕯𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋'𝐒 𝕸𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾

At first, Ji Eun couldn't process what was happening. She froze, completely taken by surprise. By the time her mind had caught up, Yo Han had moved away.

"I had to do that. At least once," he muttered before walking back out, leaving Ji Eun staring at where he had stood like a deer in headlights.

A slow smile stretched her lips, the resemblance of an old twinkle lighting up her eyes. "That definitely wasn't a rejection."

She gently got up from her bed and hobbled over to the bathroom. Her eyes widened as she looked down to see her sprained foot wrapped neatly in bandages. She leant against the wall, staring at her foot, remembering the gentleness of the kiss that hadn't yet lost its taste on her lips.

   "The reason why I haven't left," she murmured, eyes still sparkling, "is because no matter how bad I'm hurt, no matter how broken I am, or how inhuman I become...you have never once abandoned me, or left me alone to deal with it. The least I can do is return the favour."

   Her gaze shifted to her bedside drawer. Six pictures stood on it: a picture of Isaac, his wife and little Elijah, another similar one with Yo Han in it, and yet another one with Ji Eun joining them, placed in the centre. One picture on the right showed Yo Han and Ji Eun from when they were younger, about a year after Yo Han's father died. Yo Han leant against her casually with an arm around her small frame as she rolled her eyes with an amused smile on her face.

   Another picture on the left showed the same Ji Eun and Yo Han, but Isaac had joined them, throwing arm around Ji Eun from her other side. The three of them were smiling, perfectly content and happy to have finally found some freedom at last. The last picture, was one of Yo Han and Ji Eun, with Ji Eun holding little Elijah against her waist, between them. It was the happiest she had been since the kidnapping and it showed, her smile glowing despite her thin and drawn face.

   "This is my family. Where you are, is my home. I would give my life to keep you both safe, just as I know you would for me."

̶̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ♱    ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶

   Ji Eun was making her way down to the living room when she heard Ga On's voice.

   "Have I done something to offend you?" He demanded.

   "Your face." She heard Elijah's voice snap after a moment's pause.

   "Say what?"

   "Your face annoys me." Ji Eun winced, her heart aching as she imagined how Elijah must feel, looking at someone who looked exactly like her father. "The nerve..." the girl trailed off.