Chapter Eight

≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾
𝕿𝐇𝐄 𝕯𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋'𝐒 𝕸𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒
≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾

   Ji Eun looked over the file of Yo Han's temporary 'Sub-Judge' to fill in for Ga On with a frown

Ji Eun looked over the file of Yo Han's temporary 'Sub-Judge' to fill in for Ga On with a frown. Her lips pursed with dissatisfaction and slight annoyance that Yo Han hadn't consulted her about this. But the annoyance quickly faded into resignation, she was used to him leaving her out of the insignificant parts of his plans.

"Well, he isn't exactly easy on the eyes, but let's hope he has the skills," she sighed, tossing the file aside. She glared at her foot for being the reason Yo Han had ordered her to stay at home. She was sorely tempted to take out her car and go to work anyway, but she knew someone had to keep an eye on Ga On.

As expected, she heard the telltale sound of Ga On's door creaking open and his footsteps padding across the wooden floor. She waited a few minutes, contemplating whether she should go out after him.

"If Yo Han didn't want him sneaking around, he shouldn't have brought him here," she grumbled, laying down and crossing her arms with a huff. A minute passed. Two minutes. Five minutes.

"Aish sheebal," she cursed getting up and moving to her door. She made her way down just in time to find Ga On being accosted by their housekeeper.

"Young Master Yo Han told you to stay in your bed."

"I was so bored I couldn't stand it anymore," Ga On explained, rubbing his arm awkwardly. "I'm not sleeping beauty."

The lady walked over to him. "I can put you to sleep continuously, if you want." The expression on her face left no room for doubt that she wasn't joking. "Just like Sleeping Beauty."

"What?"

"I was just kidding." She turned away, no hint of amusement on her stern face as she walked past them.

   "What kind of joke is this brutal?" He exclaimed under his breath.

   "Miss Ji Eun, what are you doing, walking around with that leg?" She demanded of the younger woman, who only smiled with deceiving charm.

   "Well, you see Miss Ji, these are the only pair of legs I have so I can't walk with any other leg. I'm quite attached to these."

   The housekeeper ignored her dripping sarcasm and pointed politely towards the stairs, her meaning crystal clear as she raised her eyebrows at the pair.

   Ga On trudged upstairs, while Ji Eun stood firmly where she was.

   "No one in this house listens to people," the older woman muttered before turning on Ji Eun.

   "Upstairs. Now, Miss Ji Eun."

   "No."

   Ji Young Ok, having run out of patience, grabbed the shorter girl by her ear.