Chapter Five

≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾
𝕿𝐇𝐄 𝕯𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋'𝐒 𝕸𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒
≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾

   Yo Han would never admit it, but his heart had skipped a beat when she had smiled at him like that

Yo Han would never admit it, but his heart had skipped a beat when she had smiled at him like that. It was different, not the sad or wistful one she usually gave him or the soft, fond one like one indulging a child or the smirk she had practiced to mirror his. It was bright, genuine smile, devoid of worry. It was one that he hadn't realised he had missed so much over the past few years.

Ji Eun had always been cheerful, throughout his childhood memories of her. She was one of the good parts of his life, when he could smile and laugh and tell her anything and everything without fearing he would chase her away. But that had changed after what she had been put through when they were seventeen. He hadn't seen that bright smile after that until now.

   "Both of you look stunning," he said with a small smile, but his eyes remained fixed on Ji Eun.

   "My my, now I really have heard everything." Ji Eun laughed, punching his arm playfully.

   "You seem plenty aware of it yourself, I didn't think you needed my assurances," he retorted, eyes twinkling.

   "Doesn't hurt to hear it every now and then from someone else, you know. You make me sound vain as a peacock."

   "You may have my most sincerest assurance that you are."

   "Shut up, you prick," she said, forgetting the fact that one of their juniors was right beside her. Jin Joo looked at the older woman in shock. But Yo Han laughed under his breath, "Now you've gone and made Judge Oh uncomfortable. Just get in the car, we're going to be late," he smiled a little broader, shaking his head as he added fondly under his breath, almost too low to be noticed, "insufferable girl."

If this had been a drama, Oh Jin Joo would have rated it ten stars. As it is, she could barely stop smiling, looking between them with excitement. Close colleagues or not, she was going to get Ji Eun to spill everything.

"She has a first name, you know." She chided before turning to Jin Joo with an apologetic smile, "Sorry, Jin Joo, you must be cold enough as it is."

"It is a bit chilly," the younger girl admitted. "But you don't seem all that bothered." She commented as she got into the backseat, thanking Yo Han who had held it open for her.

"She's thick skinned," Yo Han muttered under his breath as he opened the passenger's door, which didn't miss Ji Eun's ears.

She shot him a glare. "That's rich coming from you."

   "Get in the car, or I'm going to drive." Yo Han threatened sternly, finally coaxing the girl to hurriedly get in the car and start the engine.

̶̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ♱    ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶