Chapter Six

≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾
𝕿𝐇𝐄 𝕯𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋'𝐒 𝕸𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒
≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾𝕿𝐇𝐄 𝕯𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋'𝐒 𝕸𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾

   They had left the party early. At Ji Eun's insistence, they had dropped Jin Joo back at her place before speeding off to their office. Ji Eun had gotten a tip off from K, though why he had called her instead of Yo Han, she couldn't understand. They hadn't got into their office before Ga On, watching from the shadows as he searched desperately for the wiretap under Yo Han's desk.

   "Looking for this?" Yo Han stepped out of the shadows, Ji Eun trailing behind him, her arms crossed. The look on her face reminded Ga On of his mother's, when she found him sneaking around, doing things she told him not to.

   "You knew about it," Ga On breathed.

   Ji Eun made a sound that sounded suspiciously like a cough. And suspiciously like a cough that seemed to be saying obviously.

   "Why do you do things like this anyway?" Ga On demanded as Yo Han dropped the device into his hand.

   "Why do I do things like this?" He echoed, turning to look at him.

   "Yes."

   "Because I can." He answered simply.

   "Nae?" Ga On seemed bewildered.

   "Possibility is like a drug." Ji Eun spoke up, her eyes glittering dangerously in a way that made Ga On wonder if her hands would find their way to his throat tonight.

   But then her eyes narrowed, head snapping up to look past him sharply at the wall behind Ga On. Yo Han did the same, having picked up on it as well. Then Ga On heard it too: the faint beeping... of a bomb.

   "Move!" He yelled, tackling Yo Han to the ground, just as Ji Eun staggered back as well, knowing she should run but hesitant to leave the men behind. The wall exploded, throwing her back with Yo Han and Ga On. Glass exploded and punctured her skin. She groaned as her back hit the ground and the world went black.

̶̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ♱    ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶

"Are they dead?"

"No."

"Did you kill them?"

"I told you I didn't!" Yo Han insisted, looking back at his niece with annoyance.

Ga On groaned, consciousness creeping back in. The girl looked at him, unimpressed.

"What's this? He's still alive." She sounded almost disappointed. "How boring."

She wheeled out of the bedroom after shooting one of her customary glares at Yo Han.