Chapter Four

≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾
𝕿𝐇𝐄 𝕯𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋'𝐒 𝕸𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒
≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾

   Ji Eun was leaning against Yo Han's desk as he talked to K on the phone

Ji Eun was leaning against Yo Han's desk as he talked to K on the phone. She ignored his pointed glare, folding her arms as she listened in to their conversation.

"She went to talk to Jang Ki Young, just like you thought."

"Kim Ga On came to see me. He said he suspected Jang Ki Young." Ji Eun snapped up to frown at him. He hadn't told her about this. In fact, he hadn't said anything about what had happened at work while she was at home. They had spent some time reading in his study, Ji Eun laying on the sofa with a book while Yo Han sat behind his desk, pretending to read through some papers but actually watching her.

"But then, he would." He continued, gesturing to Ji Eun that he'd tell her later. "Who'd think there'd be such a courageous witness in this day and age?" Both their eyes fell down to the wiretap device in Yo Han's hand. "I was very surprised too."

His gaze met Ji Eun's. She got up, placing a hand on his shoulder and squeezing lightly before walking back to her desk as he placed his phone next to the wiretap, playing a recording. "Different witnesses can have different stances. It's not a huge problem. It was Ju Il Do who threw in the towel out of fear. I must do something... in this grossly unfair game."

When Ji Eun looked up from her paperwork, he was staring dramatically out the window, hands in his pockets.

"I swear if I ever get my hands on the idiot that thought that wall window was a good touch-" she shook her head, grumbling.

"You're more than welcome to join me, you know."

Ji Eun only stuck her tongue out.

̶̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ♱    ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶

That night, they set out to terrorise the bait once more. This time, however, they didn't take out their sleek cars, to Ji Eun's disappointment. Instead, they took one of those van like cars, she couldn't remember what they were called, but she knew that celebrities used them. Yo Han wouldn't let her drive, as usual. "You can have fun tormenting the boy for what he did the last time." He promised.

Her expression darkened as her fingers fiddled with her hair, which she had braided over her shoulders. "Trust me," she said softly, "I will. But I still don't see why you won't let me drive."

Yo Han wouldn't answer, though it was obvious he was avoiding it on purpose. He'd never admit that he liked driving Ji Eun around, watching her stare out the window. She sulked in silence for almost the entire journey until he had had enough and asked her teasingly, "Is my darling angry with me?"