Chapter Eleven

≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾
𝕿𝐇𝐄 𝕯𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋'𝐒 𝕸𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒
≿━━━━༺ ♱ ༻━━━━≾

   Ji Eun had a smile on her face when she went to work the next day, having heard the conversation between Elijah and the housekeeper

   Ji Eun had a smile on her face when she went to work the next day, having heard the conversation between Elijah and the housekeeper. It was starting out to be one of those days when she could actually relax, a pause in their plans as they awaited the Minister of Justice's reply to their demand.

   Yo Han didn't seem to share her thoughts on the matter, but he couldn't find it in himself to to chase away the content smile on her face as she held his hand and looked out the car window. She'd become quite affectionate, well, more than usual, always needing to have some sort of contact with Yo Han.

   He knew it was because he'd imprinted on her as a sort of safe house, someone who tied her to reality. Although he was terrified of doing something wrong, somehow ending up hurting her like he seemed to hurt everyone dear to him, he would rather die than voice it to her. And a small, annoying voice in his head reminded him that if anyone could handle the kind of life he lead, could hold her own despite all odds, it was Song Ji Eun.

He saw all of her, even the broken, jagged edges that she tried so hard to hide, just as she saw all of him. He hated being vulnerable, both of them did, but somehow they found themselves showing each other their true selves, true emotions, unable to hide it. Maybe that was what kept them from falling off the dangerous edge they tread, from crossing the line that they can never come back from.

   She kept him from crossing that line, but sometimes he wonders if he could continue to do the same for her.

Meanwhile at the house, Kim Ga On was getting himself better acquainted with Elijah. After having surprised her with breakfast, she found herself begrudgingly taking an interest in the man. She wheeled in on him gently inspecting the cat and holding it gently to his chest.

"That's unexpected," she remarked calmly. "I don't mean you," she clarified immediately at his questioning gaze. "That cat never goes to strangers."

"I'm quite popular with street cats," he told her cheerfully. "I guess they can tell a good person from the bad, right?" He asked the cat, scratching its ear.

"Don't make me laugh," she scoffed. For some strange reason, Ga On found himself thinking that this girl was a lot more like Yo Han that he thought or she would admit.

"But not the stupid ones, I guess," he said, a devious smile on his face as she glared at him. "I mean the cat."

Elijah looked like she would have liked to say something very snide but saw the cat snuggling up to this annoying man. "She's a street cat too."

   "Is she? But she looks like an expensive breed."

   "Yo Han brought it home. He might not look it, but he always brings things home from the streets."