Chapter 1

I poked a passed out Bernie who was on the couch.

'Maybe he celebrated our birthday too hard' I thought to myself, we had just turned 21 yesterday, and Bernie, like usual, wasted no time to party like there's no tomorrow.

At the age of newly 21, neither me or Bernie had found our mate yet, and every birthday that passed gave me less and less hope.

I kicked Bernie, "Get up, its not safe to be out drunk right now."

Our pack was a bit on edge right now, it started with an unfamiliar scent on the territory, we brushed it off at first.

We're a strong pack, but I'm not so sure anyone would try to take over here first when there's better places.

So of course nobody took it seriously, until our betas youngest kid, and only son was found dead.

Ripped to pieces at the age of 19.

Part of me was glad Lexi wasn't here right now, she was safer where she was.

Lexi also happened to be our betas younger daughter, so I had a feeling he might have felt the same.

Things became serious then, and more people started being found the same way.

Everyone tries to stay positive, but I know everyone is waiting for our alpha to do something.

I listened to footsteps in the distance.

Not to brag, but, my hearing was above your average werewolves.

Maybe not like the absolute best, but definitely a top contender in our pack.

"Ryan!" I turned around to see my mom standing next to my dad, both looked horrified, I had a feeling what they were gonna say next.

"It's so dirty in here!" the three of us said in union. My dad frowned, not very amused, "If you knew, then clean it up."

I let out a sigh, "That's not what I- nevermind." my mom crossed her arms, "You know Ryan, when yo-..." I stared at her, but I drowned her out, not listening to the rest of what she was saying, until I heard "understand?"

I nodded in reply, "I understand."

I walked towards our pack house with a tired looking Bernie, who didn't clean anything by the way.

Before we had reached the door, I had already heard the commotion inside, and by the way Bernie perked up, I'm guessing he did too.

We opened the door to see our beta, David, try to calm our alpha, Charlie "Charles", down.

Their names were always so funny to me, not intimidating at all.

Charlie paced back and forth, he paused once he noticed our presence, he stopped, his brown eyes in our direction, and he ran his hand through his dark hair.

I felt uncomfortable under his gaze, and looked away, he sighed, "I don't suppose you two want to go wolf tracking?" me and Bernie both shook our head no.

Charles narrowed his eyes like he was debating on telling us to do it anyway, but he didn't comment on it.

David walked over and smiled, his light brown eyes looked sad and tired, and for the first time, he himself looked very fragile.

"Didn't take you two boys to be such babies," he joked, Bernie smiled, David continued, "Haven't seen either of you around here in awhile, did you sense something coming?" he joked.

I smiled softly, "We just wanted to check on you." David rubbed his head and nodded, "Well, in any case, Lexi is coming home today." I was about to ask why, but he continued.

"She finished her program, and she heard about her brother so.." I watched his eyes cloud over again, Bernie awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, "..Well at least you get to see her again.." he said slowly, David nodded.

Charles leaned against the wall, "That's great and all, but it won't mean much if she comes back to a slaughterfest."

David frowned, Charles continued, "I think we need to try to find the wolves hideout and ambush it, we can't take it as a prisoner." everyone in the packhouse stopped to stare at him, "We need to kill them, before they somehow manage to kill everyone else."

The pack house got loud as people cheered.

Everyone wanted them dead, to avenge the people around us who were killed without reason.

David opened his mouth to speak once more, but he was interrupted as the door opened, and everyones eyes turned in the doors direction.