Chapter Ten: Eliana

When I awoke I was laying on something warm. I slowly opened my eyes to find my head resting on Ivan's chest. Slowly I attempted to pull back, but his arms snaked around me.

"Don't go," he whispered.

"I thought you were asleep," I spoke softly.

"How can I sleep with someone so beautiful laying with me?" He smiled.

"I think you may have hit your head, love," I teased.

"We have much to do today," he pouted.

"I know," I spoke sitting up and grabbing the elixir from the nightstand. I took a swig and set the bottle with the last dose in my pouch.

"We introduce you to the people today as their future queen," he smiled.

I felt like I wanted to hurl. All of the anxiety over not being accepted hit me. I wasn't sure how to respond.

"They will love you as I do," he smiled, grabbing my hand and dragging me upstairs to the royal suite.

We entered a large room with several women. A large bathtub sat at the center of the room, a room divider on the other. I noticed an old school mate Delilah, hurrying around. Last I had heard, she had become a stylist.

Fear sank to my stomach. Give me blood, give me gore, and I could handle it all day. Being pampered and thrown into a gown, I'd rather die. I turned to run from the room, but Ivan stopped me.

"Trust me, Love," he spoke kissing me tenderly on the lips. I could hear the women behind us sighing in admiration and jealousy.

I took a deep breath and looked up at him. "You owe me," I whispered against his lips.

"I'll make it up to you," he smiled.

And with that, he threw me to the wolves and left.

I stumbled further into the room. "Would you like help removing your armor, M'lady?" They asked and I felt a bit creeped out. "It is alright, I can manage. Please call me Eliana."

"Yes Miss Eliana," they spoke, backing away behind the room divider to give me privacy.

I pulled off my armor, careful not to agitate my wounds. My torso was covered in bruises, but I didn't really feel them. I slid into the tub, beneath the water and bubbles, relaxing into the soothing bath.

Though I'd never admit it, I was happy that Ivan had planned this for me. It helped me relax a bit before our formal address.

"Eliana," Delilah spoke from the other side of the divider. Hurriedly, I made sure my body was covered by bubbles.

"Yes," I replied.

"May I enter, I would like to discuss something with you," she spoke.

"Yes."

Delilah rounded the corner with a mannequin on wheels. A gown bag was covering it, shielding the garment from view. "Now I know how you feel about dresses, but I feel I have found a happy medium. Would you like to see it?" She asked.

"Alright," I nodded nervously.

She removed the garment bag. It revealed a suit of intricately made black leather armor. The crests of the Fairbain and Ulrich families were embroidered on the low-cut chest piece, just above the heart. A black, dress cloak with a train and long sleeves rested over the armor, the borders embroidered with the same golden color as the crests. A matching sheath rested on the belt at its waist with several straps to hold daggers on the opposing side.

"I love it," I spoke, nearly a whisper.

"I figured this was fitting for our most treasured warrior, our future queen," she smiled.