Chapter Twenty Two: Eliana

I stood in my wedding gown, staring at the doors to the main room of the cathedral. My bridesmaids had already walked down the aisle with the flower girl. Now it was my turn.

Vesemir took my hand and we prepared for our walk down the aisle. He had become a brother to me, and if my family couldn't be here, he was the only other person I would want to walk with me.

I took a last look at the mirror. My hair was braided back in a half up, half down style. At the cebtervwhere the braids met, they had been swirled into flowers.

My gown had long lace sleeves with a matching lace border around my chest that led into a beaded corset. The skirt of my dress puffed outward, leaving a long train in the back.

I took a deep breath as the guards opened the door. My eyes met Ivan's, as tears began to fall from his eyes. I never would have thought that one day I'd be marrying the prince. The same prince that had left me all those years ago. As we reached Ivan, Vesemir gave him my hand.

"You look breathtaking," he whispered as we kneeled on the altar.

I smiled nervously as the priest spoke. The priest motioned us to stand and our people laughed and cheered as we turned to face eachother.

"Eliana, when we first met, I was a child afraid of his duty. I wasn't sure what was meant for me. But you brought light to my life. You helped me see the man I wanted to become, not just for my people, but for you. Walking away from you was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made. I will spend every day of my life making sure you do not regret the decision to give me another chance. I can't wait for our future, to live in a world were we can find as much peace as possible with little ones running around. I promise to love and cherish you, as long as we both shall live," he spoke.

I felt myself tearing up a bit. "Ivan. I met you at one of the most difficult times of my life. I was lost and didn't know what to make of the world around me. But you showed me I wasn't alone. Even when we were apart, I still felt that warmth you brought me. For a long time I felt that it was a curse, the memory of what I'd lost, but it was leading me slowly back to you. I love you Ivan, and I always have. I promise to protect you and love you till the end of my days," I spoke.

Whe exchanged rings and he tilted me backward for a passionate kiss. I ran my fingers through his hair as he pulled me into him. He slowly released me, smiling and resting his forehead against mine.

The reception passed in a blur. We greeted and spoke with many dignitaries, we mingled and danced, we ate. By the end of the night, we were exhausted as we made our way to our bedroom.

Just as we reached the door, Ivan scooped me into his arms and carried me into our room bridal style.

"Put me down!" I laughed, smacking his chest playfully.

"Mmmm, careful there, I plan to have my hands on you all night," he teased, making my stomach flop.