Chapter Thirty: Ivan

"Clothes, now," I demanded excitingly.

I pulled her towel away and smacked her ass playfully, shooing her into the bedroom.

She walked into the room, her long hair curling up again at the ends. She quickly put on a loose green and gold skirt with matching top, knowing that they would need to examine her.

She had barely pulled on her boots when I was pulling her from the room.

Suprised faces met us as we barreled down the hall, dragging her along the way. We made it to the healers in record time.

They quickly examined her. When they were done, they gave her a crystal orb and instructed her to hold it over her stomach.

"By our current comclusions, your child is healthy, and very much alive," the healer spoke as Elle laid back on the examination table. This orb, in a few short moments will show you a glimpse of your child's future."

Sure enough the orb lit up. Elle and I were running around the castle, looking for someone. We called out their name, but the orb only showed us images, it isn't emit sound. Just then, Elle and I each scooped up two different toddlers, a boy and a girl. They appeared to be the same age.

"Twins?" Elle asked feeling suprised. My heart soared. Two little ones running around the newly safe kingdom.

"It appears so, your majesty," the healer nodded with a smile.

"Ivan, look at my stomach," she said excitedly.

"I don't see anything my love," I spoke in return, returning my gaze to the orb.

"Not here, there, in the orb!" As we lifted our children into the air, I looked closer and noticed her protruding belly.

"Is that what I think it is?" The healer nodded.

"You will have another child on the way by the time this moment happens," the healer smiled.

"I know this is only the future as of now, and ths future can change," I smiled. "As of this point, in this version of the future, how many will we have?"

"Seven total my Lord," the healer smiled. "You and the queen created safety in our kingdom for the children of the land, and you will have plenty of your own to fill these halls."

I looked down at Elle and she beamed. She had set the orb down at her side and was holding her belly protectively. "No training until the baby is here, Elle," I commanded.

"Babies, not baby. I know dear," she replied lovingly,  rubbing her stomach.

"You'll need a few weeks to recover as well," I replied.

"I wouldn't be able to leave our little ones right away. Though I have a feeling they'll become regulars at the training rings with me. Can you imagine Dorag holding our children as we spar?" She laughed.

"You want me to entrust our child to a an ogre barbarian mercenary?" I scoffed.

"He has six if his own, and he's wonderful with them," she smilee, playfully punching my shoulder.

"I missed you punching me," I laughed. "For months, you were stuck laying there, you couldn't move. I remember wishing you would roll over and punch me, just so I'd know you were still in there."

Her tears welled up in her eyes, "I'm sorry my love. It was the only way to do this safely."

"I know, and I wouldn't change it for anything. I'm willing to suffer a few long months, if it means you'll come back to me and our people will be safe," I spoke giving her a long, passionate kiss.

We returned to our room. She moved to change, and I went into the bathroom.  When I emerged, I had noticed the maids changed the sheets while we were with the healers.

She had folded back the blanket so we could climb in. Her naked body laid out on the sheets with her head propped up. "Come my love," she smiled, patting the sheets beside her.

I stripped from my clothes and slid into bed next to her. She pulled my head to lay on her chest protectively, and I gently massaged her stomach. "I am here, and I am not going anywhere and neither are our children," she spoke gently. "My king, my husband, my love."