PART I - 1: The Wardrobe

Ningguang crossed her legs as nothing seemed to peak her interest. She had finished her small dessert of her liking and relaxed her back against her chair. The only thought she had on her mind was wondering when the event would all end so she can go relax in her Jade Chamber. 

The room screamed of high class and richess. The event was like those typical rich parties where masquerade masks had to be worn to hide their faces. Everyone, except one, seemed to have gotten the dress code but forgot about the masquerade part of the party.

"Beidou!" 

Ningguang hissed once the captain arrived an hour and a half late, and sat beside the tianquan. "Why are you so late? And did you not read the code?"

Beidou smirked and began to drink the champagne in front of her. "Relax, relax. I had stuff to do before I got here." The captain relaxed on her chair. "Besides, this eyepatch is good enough."

The tianquan placed her fingers on her temples. "Beidou, everyone will know it's you." She let out a sigh.

Beidou paused her drinking to compliment the tianquan. "Stunning as always, my lady." She winked. This made Ningguang's face flush, forcing her to turn away from the captain. "Thank you..."

Ningguang invited Beidou as a reward for doing all her dirty work and troubles. She requested the host for two tickets, which took some time for convincing, considering the fact that the captain was a troublemaker. If anything went wrong in the party, Ningguang knew she was responsible for it.

As Beidou was busy drinking her champagne, the tianquan took a glimpse at the captain. She was stunned at how Beidou actually took the time to dress up all, well at least formally, despite the mask. She wore a red short blazer around her shoulders, a tight skirt with long black boots, and a black crop. 

Of course, the captain's revealing chest is where Ningguang's eyes sometimes— most of the time, lay on.

"Seems like my chest is more interesting than the party?" Beidou smirked as she caught Ningguang staring.

The tianquan answered with a cough. "Absurd!" She grabbed the glass of water on the table. Yes, you indeed are more interesting than this whole event... Ningguang thought as she looked away.

Beidou leaned up close to Ningguang, who was now extremely red. She whispered into her ear, "Come on Ning, I know you want to touch them."

"Beidou!" Ningguang smacked the captain's thigh, getting a laugh from Beidou. "You better keep those lusty lips shut, we are in public!" She tried her best to not be loud.

The captain backed up with a satisfied smirk and relaxed once again in her seat. 

A bell rang. "May I have your attention please?" The host spoke through the microphone. The room went quiet and drove their attention to the man. "How are everybody's desserts?" He gave a warm smile. "I would like to thank each and every one of you once again, for coming on this special night! For that, I am selling my most valuable items, most of them being items from ancient Teyvat!"

The crowd applauded and went silent as the host signaled for his attention once again. "An auction will be held very shortly. Please be patient." The host gave another smile before stepping off the stage.

Beidou faced Ningguang. "There'll be an auction. Are you going to bid for anything?"

"Well, he said it's ancient." Ningguang sat upright on her seat. "Let's see what will be held..."

No more than a few minutes later, the auction began and two items have been sold for 200k mora. Nothing seemed to have interested Ningguang, as she quietly yawned behind her fan. Beidou noticed how the tianquan was beginning to look tired. "Ning," Beidou whispered. "Shall I take you home?"