10: The Gnosis

"Fuck..." Ningguang muttered. She smacked the brick wall as she looked down. "I can't continue to stay here." She slapped the wall one more time before standing straight and looking around the dark lit place. Anything. Please. There must be something.

Her eyes traced every inch of the room, but couldn't find what she was unknowingly looking for. "Damn it..." She held her temples as her energy was starting to drain her out. Fuck, not this feeling again. I need to regain my strength.

She looked out the barred window, with the moonlight shining through it, looking if there's a small chance of hope. She had nothing on her. Nothing that could help her. All she had was her black clothes of a silhouette. "Damn you, Fatui," she murmured under her breath.

Footsteps could be heard. They were approaching.

Ningguang felt defenseless. She couldn't do anything. "Glad you're still awake, my diligent Ningguang," La Signora said in a playful way. She walked with sass as she approached the long white-haired lady. "Hungry?" Another fatui had a plate of plain fish in his hand.

"I will never eat the food you give me," Ningguang said acerbically. The look on her face showed bitterness.

"Oh well, suit yourself." The woman shrugged. She snapped her fingers and the fatui placed the plate in between the opening of the bars. "You will never get out of here, so just accept your fate." She scoffed.

"Shut up," Ningguang hissed.

"Feisty now, aren't ya?" La Signora laughed. "Give up, agent Ningguang. There will be no one here to save you. Not even your... almighty general."

Her voice was so provoking that Ningguang ran toward Signora, but couldn't get any closer due to the bars separating them. "Say that again and I will chop your head off," she threatened as she clung her hands onto the bars.

"You?" She scoffed and crossed her arms. She let out a hysterical laugh. "Behind those bars? I would love to see you try."

Ningguang had enough and slammed the bars with her hands. "Screw you." She slapped the bars, making it ring. "Let me out of here."

Signora hummed. "Let me think..." She mocked her with a smile. "No." She took a daring step closer toward the cell. "Although... we don't really need you." She looked and played with her nails.

"Then why the hell did you trap me here for days?" Ningguang glared at the woman.

"Listen you," Signora looked up at the agent and menacingly spoke. "Aren't you smart? Of course there's a reason we locked you up in here." She took another step closer.

Ningguang continued to hold onto the bars. "What do you want?"

"Here's the deal," Signora poked the agent's fingers, which in response, Ningguang immediately snatched her fingers away from the bars.

Unbothered, Signora continued, "If you want your oh so charming general to come and save you, she is going to have to give up the gnosis. Simple as that, right? Then there'll be no war. But since that stupid general of yours is so obstinate and won't give up the gnosis, we're just going to have to force it upon her with war, until she gives it up."

Ningguang couldn't get words out of her mouth, but her face showed her emotions.

"Cat got your tongue?" Signora laughed. "You'll be staying here until you rot." She stuck her head out to reach Ningguang's height and mocked her. "You see? Your general chooses the gnosis over you. What love is that?"

With a sudden attack, Ningguang caught hold of Signora's head and she started shaking her hair on her head violently. Signora held onto the bars so her face wouldn't get hit from it. "Ugh...!"