16: The Discovery

A/N: I'm sorry for the long wait! At last, here is the chapter :)

The fatui walked behind Zhongli and agent Ningguang as they all followed the Tsaritsa. The agent glanced to her left to see other fatui workers dragging Kliment's body from the scene and another cleaning his blood stains. She felt the mild soreness on her jaw as the cloth was still wrapped around from her mouth. The agent breathed heavily through her nose as her heart was still racing from fear, not knowing what the queen might do next in the room they were headed to. Yet, she chose to suck it up for her pride. No one could know.

They approached an intersection of halls and turned to the right to see a short hallway with a door to the right side of the wall. The queen opened it and they walked further into the room. Inside were controls of some sort, a computer screen with cameras on all angles of a brightly lit white room of only a podiatry chair in the center, and ahead of them were windows that showed the room where the podiatry chair stood.

The hypnotization room already felt perturbing to the agent.

They were greeted by another fatuus who wore the same clothing as the other workers, dressed in a white lab coat. "Ah, Your Majesty, welcome." The fatuus in glasses bowed.

The Tsaritsa looked over to the bright room through the window. "Anything new?"

The fatuus stood straight and answered, "yes, Your Majesty. In fact, it is great timing that you are here. Today is the last day we will experiment on an enigmatic phenomenon."

The queen tilted her head to the side and raised a brow. "Oh really?"

He nodded. "Yes, Your Majesty. Please follow me."

They all proceeded behind the fatuus, with agent Ningguang and Zhongli being pushed by the fatui behind them as they were slow to move. They stood beside the window and they all glanced over to the podiatry chair in the centre of the white room ahead of them. The agent still couldn't comprehend why they were doing all of this, why they were showing her some sort of tour of the place and their plans. It would've been so much easier if they already erased her memories because the agent thought all of this was a waste of time.

"Please watch from here." The fatuus said and then walked toward the door which led into the white room. Being near the window allowed them to be able to hear what he was saying, although it wasn't as clear. He yelled for someone to come in and a girl dressed up in fatui clothing walked in from a white door that wasn't that visible to the eye. She slowly walked toward the male fatuus and he told her to sit on the podiatry chair, in which she nodded her head and followed through with struggle.

The queen and the others were quiet as they were focused on what the male fatuus was trying to present. The fatuus walked toward the window and tapped on it with his knuckles. "Please cuff her." He said. One of the workers that watched from another window nodded and pressed a button. The girl on the chair was then trapped as her wrists and ankles were restrained. Fear and anxiety was expressed through her eyes, yet she was trying to slow her breathing.

The male fatuus cleared his throat and clasped his hands behind his back. "This is something that cannot be explained as we have never seen this before. This right here,"—he pointed to the girl on the chair—"is a girl that isn't from this world. This is not the Kristina we know."

The queen crossed her arms as she examined her. "What do you mean by that?" They all watched Kristina as she now gripped onto the handles of the podiatry chair. She appeared to be sweating and she couldn't control her breathing any longer.