9: The Accident

Juza held his fingers on the buttons of the stopwatch and began to count down.

"5."

"4."

Keqing roared the engine.

"3."

"2."

"1."

He looked up. "... Start." He clicked the button and off Keqing and Ningguang went.

The two could feel how heavy the hoverbike felt, especially with the crates behind. The crates were slowing them down.

A loud sound followed shortly after. Ningguang turned her head to see what made that sound. A crate fell off the wagon. The shorter girl must've heard it too, because she stopped the hoverbike. Upon seeing the crate laying flat on the surface from a distance, Keqing cursed. "What the heck?"

The two got off and removed their helmets. "Oh, how unfair!" she exclaimed and ran after the crate on the ground. She picked up the fallen crate with a rush and quickly ran back as fast as she could. She then placed the crate back in the wagon and popped her helmet back on, and so did Ningguang. "Let's go!"

She roared its engines and sped up, but the crate fell once again. "Halt, agent Keqing!" Ningguang commanded. Keqing stopped the hoverbike and looked back at the lady. "This is not going to work. We are going to have to go back for it."

The purple pastel haired girl let out a sigh. "... Alright."

Ningguang tried comforting the girl by giving her a smile. "Don't worry, we have lots of time." However for some reason, she had a little bit of regret for giving everyone thirty minutes to deliver the crates. She just knew they'd be out in the sun for a long time.

She nodded and looked ahead of her. She sped up on the hoverbike.

The cool air felt nice against the lady's arms and torso. It was indeed a bit hot out and she was glad she was getting some free wind from the speed.

For once in a long time, Ningguang never felt so relaxed and carefree. She thought that maybe staying in this world isn't so bad. She got to be away from work, had leisure at some times, and most importantly, be driven away from stress that would knock her out.

The lady smiled under the helmet. She suddenly thought about Beidou, Captain Beidou of the Crux Fleet, and wondered how she was. Was she looking for her? Waiting for her? Or perhaps... maybe she forgot about her. The lady's smile slowly turned into a frown. Do I even deserve this?

Guilt started to build up inside her. Perhaps the whole of Liyue Harbor was looking for Ningguang already. Maybe everything turned into a mess because she was gone. The lady has been gone for a few days. Maybe they even found a new tianquan for the harbor to respect.

What about me...?

Ningguang shook her head. Stop overthinking. She felt terrible for leaving the harbor.

The lady decided it's best to just look out into the field of the Jade Chamber and zone out, as Keqing continued to drive the hoverbike.

Not long later, they arrived at the first destination for their delivery. "Here we are," Keqing stopped the hoverbike and parked beside a small post with a red flag on it.

The lady snapped back into reality and got off from her seat to grab the crate from the wagon attached and placed it next to the post. "One down. Five more to go," Ningguang patted her hands clean and hopped back onto the hoverbike.