♧20: The Lover

⚠️NSFW CHAPTER⚠️

The general commanded the other guards to dispose of Juza's and Xu Liushi's corpses before Ningguang escorted her to her room.

Everything is turning into a mess... the lady thought as she opened the general's bedroom door for her. She waited for her to enter her room so she could depart and wash up, but the general stayed and clinged onto her tightly.

"Thank you for helping me to my room..." General Beidou whispered. "I may be asking for too much, but will you please stay with me for a while?" She locked eyes with the lady until she replied, "yes, general," despite how much she just wanted to get away from her.

This moment she was having with the general brought a past memory into the lady's mind as if General Beidou was drunk, just like how Captain Beidou clinged onto her after drinking so much and didn't want her to leave. She would sway and almost trip every time, trying to reach a place to sit, but Ningguang would be there to hold onto her.

Ningguang glanced over to the wardrobe for a split second, before the general came crashing on her bed in exhaustion. The lady went back to close the door and turned around to see the general breaking down as she covered her eyes with her hands. She had never seen her so vulnerable. She bawled her eyes out with sorrow and anger and all the lady could do was just stay silent and watch her cry.

After letting go of her emotions, she slowly sat up and undid her hair and unbuttoned her suit as she tried to control her breathing. Ningguang once again faced that empty and broken figure that no one else was allowed to see. The general was disheveled and her eyes sparked no hope. "Please..." She mumbled. "... will you help me undress?"

This is the least I can do for her right now, Ningguang thought. "Of course." She walked up to her and the general shifted to the edge of her bed, allowing the lady to undo the rest of the buttons on her suit, followed by the other buttons on her blouse underneath. So this is what Baishi was talking about... the lady recalled when she could see the general's outline from underneath.

Halfway done, the general slid her fingers from the lady's wrist to her hand, making her stop and look at her. "Yes, general?" Ningguang looked into her eyes that held a lot of pain.

She was taken aback when the general grabbed her waist and pulled her onto the bed, making the lady straddle over her thighs. General Beidou then rested her head onto her chest as her arms wrapped around the lady's waist. "Will you make me feel better..?"

Ningguang gulped. What could that mean... She had to be careful of her words.

The general looked up to her and her eyes were now filled with lust. "... and help me forget?"

"H-How...?" Ningguang trembled as she felt General Beidou pull her in closer.

"Will you kiss me, Ningguang?"

The lady's mouth trembled. She's asking for too much... this is crossing the line! She continued to stare at the general who was waiting patiently for a response. I'm afraid that if I reject her and leave her like that, she might do something wicked tomorrow... Her jaw clenched at the memory of Juza and Xu Liushi being shot. I can't die here...! Her heart was racing immensely. She pursed her lips as she made up her mind. It's fine, my first kiss was with the real Captain Beidou a year ago. I can do this...!

She took a deep breath and pursed her lips before answering, "yes, general."

One quick kiss won't hurt, right?

The lady inched her face closer toward the general's. Her mind was about to go blank. She had to constantly remind herself that the woman in front of her isn't Captain Beidou... but eh fuck it, she convinced herself that she was her when her lips planted gently onto the general's.