5: The General

Beidou... why must you be a dreadful general?

Beidou stood and smoothened her suit. "I will have Baishi assist your needs." Ningguang felt relieved when the general was no longer close to her. Beidou walked towards the door. "I will take my leave. Rest well." She left and closed the door behind her before Ningguang could respond.

Ningguang let out a heavy breath. A lot of things were on her mind, especially General Beidou. She knew that she would have to change her actions, before the general would suspect her more. The lady remained on her bed with the covers over her lap, and looked at the window. The sun was still up, but it won't be long until it sets. Ningguang needed to head back to the general's room before the sky was dark, but how would she execute it this time? She nearly got caught the last time she went into Beidou's room, so what more this time, especially since she was told to rest in her room for the rest of the day? The tianquan massaged her temples as the thought and situation was making her head hurt.

There was a knock on the door. Ningguang laid her head back against the bed frame. "Come in," she responded. Baishi entered the room and stood rooted at the door. "Greetings, Miss Ningguang." Baishi bowed her head. "General Beidou assigned me to take care of your needs for the time being." Ningguang slightly nodded her head in response. "Would you like anything to eat? Or a drink perhaps?"

"Some tea would suffice for now, thank you." Ningguang inched a quick smile at Baishi. She bowed her head once again before leaving and closing the door. Baishi must be a secretary, then... Ningguang found it odd how Baishi's role didn't change in this world.

The tianquan almost forgot about her vision in her pocket for almost the second time. She dug her hands in both of her pockets but she didn't feel her vision inside it. Where did my vision go?! She lifted the covers to check if her vision was underneath, but nothing was there. Her eyes then scanned around her room, in hopes of seeing her vision placed somewhere. However, it was nowhere to be found.

This just added more stress to Ningguang. Fun.

I am away from work, yet stress has laid upon me. She massaged her temples again. I do not recall dropping my vision anywhere... Perhaps it was taken from my pockets when I fainted? Did Beidou bring me to my room? She thought of Beidou carrying her unconscious body to her bed, which made the lady blush.

Ah, stop it! Now's not the time! Ningguang shook her head. However, it could be a possibility Beidou has her vision. Then again, there could be other possibilities, but it's just that Beidou conquered the majority of Ningguang's mind. The tianquan just wished that her reality was a delusion, but except that it wasn't a delusion and everything before her eyes was real. Darn it. If only she had never discovered and followed the blue floating light in her wardrobe. Curiosity does kill the cat.

A sudden knock on the door startled Ningguang and Baishi entered the room herself. Baishi looked at the lady, "oh I am sorry to walk in without notice... Did I startle you?" Ningguang found it a bit rude of her to let herself in, but she couldn't say much about it because Baishi wasn't her own secretary now. The tianquan let out a breath and tried to plant a small smile on her lips. "Dear, not at all." Ningguang thought about the words she had just said to Baishi. Dear me, does the Ningguang here usually speak so formally?

Baishi had her mouth open, but all she did was nod her head. She placed the tea on the nightstand, along with a dish in a bowl. "You weren't specific about what flavor of tea you would like, but General Beidou told me you enjoyed the tea she brewed herself, so she had it prepared for you," she said in a soft tone. "General Beidou also told me to serve you some soup to make you feel better."