Chapter 32: Love, Finally

"Wait, what did you say?" Raghav's face split into a smile, "You love me?"

Pallavi stood up and crossed her arms, "I'm reconsidering it, though, seeing as you're incredibly stupid."

Raghav pulled Pallavi back to him so she was facing him, "You love me?"

Pallavi, "who else would I be in love with? You are—you—you're completely crazy, I mean did you really think—no, don't smile at—"

Before Pallavi could finish her lecture, Raghav took her face in his hands and kissed her. Pallavi was initially shocked, but then melted into his arms, feeling that peace and joy that she had felt this morning.

When Pallavi broke off the kiss, Raghav looked at her, "I'm still angry at you, Ghamandi Rao."

"You'll have to get used to that, Saree ka Dukaan, because I love you, and I'm not going anywhere." Pallavi smiled at Raghav and kissed him again, deeply.

Raghav took Pallavi's hand and took her to the bed, both of them forgetting their fight and falling into each other arms once again.

The next morning, as Raghav woke up, he thanked God his head didn't hurt too much from the hangover, and then smiled, remembering the events from last night, how cute Pallavi had looked when she had angrily yelled that she loved him. He looked down and saw Pallavi asleep in his arms. She looked so peaceful, he noticed the sindoor, faded but still bright, in her hair, and the smell of her perfume then came up to him as he took a deep breath. She was wearing his shirt again, and flashes from last night when he had put it on her came up in his mind. Without thinking, he took his hand to move the hair out of her face, and with the slightest touch Pallavi woke up.

She opened her eyes and looked at Raghav, noticing his hand floating in mid-air stupidly after he pulled it away on her opening her eyes, "Kya, tum aisa hi time pass karthe ho? Logon ko sote hue dekhana?" She smiled at sat up, feeling warm and safe in Raghav's shirt.

Raghav kept looking at Pallavi, and smiled, "You can check me out whenever you want, but I can't admire you?"

Pallavi laughed, "Ha. Ha. Ha. Name one time when I've checked you out." She started to get out of bed, but Raghav took her wrist and pulled her back.

"Just yesterday, during breakfast, jhoot mat bolo, I saw your wandering eyes."

Pallavi blushed, and pulled away, running to the washroom to shower.

Raghav fell back on the bed, basking in his bliss. Nothing could affect his mood today, not even if that Vikram made the mistake of calling Pallavi for some meeting or other. Raghav glanced at Pallavi's phone on the side table, but remembering last night (not just Pallavi telling him she loved him, but mainly her anger before that), he decided to be a smart husband and stay far away from her phone.