Chapter 34: Before A Date

Pallavi smiled, "Kaash, main apni jeet ka jashn mana sakthi, but I have a meeting today to finalize the looks and plans for the magazine shoot, and the boutique is showcasing the designs starting next week, so I can't."

Raghav's smile faltered, but remembering the previous night, "Teek hai, mere saath lunch par chalo. Tum mujhe, ithna vaqt toh dehi sakthi ho, tera handsome aur charming pati ko?"

Pallavi smiled and raised an eyebrow, "Like a date?"

"Kyun, main tumhe date par nahin lekar ja sakta kya? Koi naya kaanoon hai, kya?" Raghav asked, quizzically.

"No, no, it's not that, I'm just wondering how many other women have seen you flirt this badly on dates." Pallavi laughed, turning to finish cooking.
"You can make fun of my flirting all you want at lunch, Saree ka Dukaan." Raghav said.

Pallavi smiled, "I plan to, Ghamandi Rao, just don't do something stupid like yesterday and waste your day following me around." She raised a finger and laughed at his embarrassed expression.

"I don't understand women. Last night you don't like it when I'm jealous, and now you're clearly egging me on to be jealous. Bhura lag kya, ki meri jalan gaya ho gaya?" Raghav smiled, standing close to Pallavi and silently helping her put the food into serving dishes.

"What? No, of course not. Raghav, you better keep your anger and jealousy in control, varna main tumhe—" Pallavi started.

"Teek hai Saree ka Dukaan. But if you want Jealous Raghav, just ask, main woh Vikku ko accha sa pitai de sakta." Raghav took her wrist and pulled her away from the kitchen counter, their eyes meeting.

"Aisa kuch mat karoge tum," Pallavi said, but silently getting a little rush at the thought that Raghav was this worried about her, "Abhi bhai mujhe pe barosa nahin hai, kya?"

Raghav answered her question immediately, "Mujhe tum par pura barosa hai." He looked into her eyes to make sure she understood he wasn't joking. "But, if you're asking me to trust that Vikram, woh toh mujhse nahi ho payega, and agar woh tumhe pareshaan kartha hai na, toh mujhe bata do. Main usse teek karega."

Pallavi picked up the dishes and headed out of the kitchen, "Aisa kuch nahi hai, you are imagining things."

Raghav watched her walk into the dining room and set the table. He knew he was completely right to trust Pallavi, nothing could shake how he felt about her, how he knew she was the most loyal person in the world. He thought about Vikram, and surprisingly, he wasn't as angry as he had been yesterday, so what if 'Vikku' thought Pallavi was beautiful, Pallavi didn't say 'I love you' to Vikku. She had chosen Raghav, she had brought him that happiness that Raghav had never dreamed he'd be able to have. No one, not even Vikram Singh Rathore, could steal that from him.

When Pallavi arrived at the boutique, Vikram greeted her and they got to work quickly.

After a while, Pallavi looked at her watch, and realized she only had about a half-hour until she had to meet Raghav for lunch. Thinking about a 'date' with her husband, not just her husband, but Raghav Rao, made her smile to herself. Her thoughts fled to this morning, last night, everything was happening so fast, but it felt perfect.

"Are you running late for something, Pallavi?" Vikram asked.

Pallavi smiled, "No no, I have to head to lunch with Raghav, but I have time."

"Arre wah, a spacial day? I'm only asking because you seem like you're in an even better mood than you were in yesterday." Vikram smiled at Pallavi.

She laughed, "Everyone is interested in my smile or mood today, nothing special, just a lunch." She brought her attention back to the magazine layouts they were looking at.