The 7th of February

THE 7TH OF FEBRUARY

A CAMBIO×EMMA AU

Fabio Serrano, the COO of Almeida-Serrano Casino, can be seen significantly thwarted in his private office. He's been thinking for hours, yet none of his ideas are worthy for him.

"What should I do?" He whispered to himself as he looked at a family portrait hanging on the wall.

It was the picture of him, the love of his life, Camila, and their lovely daughter Emma. They were all wearing formal attire. Emma and Fabio were smiling at the camera while Camila kept her stoic and intimidating facade.

"You still look so beautiful kahit na ang sungit sungit mo palagi." Fabio chuckled to himself.

Never once in his life has he seen Camila smile, a genuine one. After all that happened in her life, Fabio never saw a genuine smile on her face.

It was always a fake one, or worse, she never smiled.

All he could see was constant eye rolls and those piercing gazes that he admitted he was scared to.

Nevertheless, he still loves her. She will always be that innocent young woman he met at a prison.

"Kung pwede lang, makita mo sana yung sinayang mo Vito." He joked to himself.

"Akala ko ba kaya mong ipaglaban si Camila, bakit mo iniwan?" He scoffed, remembering how he ruined Camila's life.

Camila's birthday is coming up, and Fabio is running out of ideas on how he can make her feel special.

He knows Camila hated birthdays. That is why it was an extra challenge for him to develop an idea.

"Wag mo naman akong pahirapan na magisip ng idea, Camila," Fabio muttered to himself.

He looked again at their portrait and suddenly realized something.

The answer to his problem was Emma. He should ask her what to do for Camila's birthday.

"Of course, bakit hindi ko ba kaagad naisip iyon." He muttered.

With that in mind, Fabio went back to work.

When the clock struck at 3, Fabio packed his things and went out of his office. He still has to pick up Emma from school.

Also, this is the chance he got to ask his daughter for ideas without Camila knowing.

He knows that Camila never leaves her office earlier than 6 pm. Either she left at 6 pm or later if there were some errands at the casino or they had to attend a dinner meeting.

With that in mind, he went out of the casino and boarded his car to pick up his daughter.

"Hindi ka pa uuwi Pres?"

Emma looked behind to see the person talking. It was Cyrille, the council's vice president.

"Naghihintay lang ng sundo." Emma smiled at her.

"I see, see you tomorrow Pres para sa meeting, bye," Cyrille replied and waved at her.

Emma waved back at her and then held the straps of her backpack.

February is coming up, so they have to prepare for Valentine's Day. Aside from that, Camila's birthday is also coming up. A week before Valentine's.

It was a hectic schedule for the Hampshire International Academy's Student Council President indeed.

Emma's thoughts were halted when she saw a familiar car. It was her Papa's car, and she was not wrong when Fabio went out of the car.

"Pa!" Emma immediately ran to her father to hug him.