Heartbeat

HEARTBEAT

A CAMBIO×EMMA AU

Viewing the cityscape from her perspective in the plane's window, she can't help but yield a sigh.

In a few, she would be home but she can't help but look at her view with a gloomy expression on her face. She looked away from the window with yet another sigh. Her hand went to reach her aviators that was resting on top of her head and pulled it down to cover her eyes.

"We're almost landing." She whispered softly before looking back at the window.

The view of the landscape of Las Espadas becoming more clear.

"Luna, are you sure with this?" Tessa, her mom asked her.

"A hundred percent sure." Luna shortly responded.

Tessa sighed in defeat. She knows her daughter is lying but she didn't push the topic furthermore.

When the plane landed, Luna went on to get her luggage at the overhead bin before disembarking the plane together with her mother. The two women was welcomed by Vito in the arrival area.

"Hi, Dad." Luna greeted Vito and went to hugged him.

"Where's Manay Ichu?" Tessa asked her husband.

Vito clicked his tounge before answering.

"She's busy looking after them."

"Let's go, I still need answers." Luna said before walking towards the exit.

Tessa and Vito yield a sigh before following suit. When they reached the car, Vito loaded their luggages as the two women went inside the car. After loading everything up, Vito immediately went to the driver seat and the Dela Cuesta family was off.

After an hour of driving, they finally made it to their destination. Luna immediately went out of the car and called someone.

"Manay!"

The older woman looked back and was shocked to see Luna.

"Luna, apo! Kailan ka pa nakarating dito?" Manay asked as she hugged Luna.

"Kararating din namin, Manay." Tessa answered as emerged from the car with Vito.

"Manay, can you tell me what happened?" Luna asked after letting go of the hug.

"Oh siya, maupo ka muna dyan at ikwekwento ko sayo." Manay answered and Luna immediately followed.

"Sigurado ka bang kaya mo Luna?" Manay asked one last time. "Pwede namang magpahinga ka muna dahil kararating mo lang din."

"Manay, nandito na rin naman ho ako. Kaya naman po kaya ko po." Luna smiled but it didn't reached her eyes.

"Oh siya, tutal pursigido ka na talaga." Manay said before starting her story.

"Mama!" Emma shouted from her room.

Emma was looking for her pendant that she might have misplaced. She called Camila hoping that her mother might have seen it.

When Camila heard Emma screamed from her bedroom, she immediately went from the living room going upstairs to check on Emma.

"Emma, anak bakit?" Camila worriedly asked as she peeked at her from the door frame.

"Have you seen my pendant po?" Emma asked as she searched her drawers.

"The silver one?" Camila asked with a smile in her face.

"Yes po that one, the one you gave me when I was young." Emma answered.

"It's in my private office, I took it kanina. I replaced the pictures there kasi." Camila explained and went inside the room to hug her daughter from behind.