Haven

HAVEN(Traitor Part 2) 

A JAMNELLA AU

TRIGGER WARNING:

MENTION OF TRAUMA AND SUICIDAL TENDENCIES.

READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

"How are you there, Maze?"

It's been almost a year since I moved to France. I live here in a high end condo unit all alone since Ate can't leave the school and my parents are busy with our family businesses.
Which is much more better for me that I'm left here alone.

After finishing the school year back at my old school, I went here to start anew and forget.

But how could you forget such betrayal?

"I'm doing well, Ate." I quickly lied.

It was still the same.

I'm still broken deep inside. I'm having nightmares about that day still. I have anxiety that people will betray me at some point. I don't trust people anymore not even a single bit.

"We miss you here already, Maze." Mom interjected in our video call. 

"Will visit you there soon, sweetie." Dad added and join the screen.

"I miss you too, guys." I gave them a fake smile.

I adjusted the sleeves of my sweatshirt because I saw something poking out.

The cuts on my wrist is showing.

When my parents left, Ate turned serious and asked me.

"What are you hiding there, Maze?"

"Nothing Ate." I shook my head at her.

"You're fidgety." She raised her eyebrow at me.

"Well, it's kinda cold here you know." I reasoned out to convince her.

Which is partly true since it was the winter season but I had my heater turned on here on my condo.

"Okay, just open your heater there. You might get sick." Ate smiled at me finally letting go of the topic.

"Take care of yourself there, I'm not there to take care of you if you fell ill." She reminded me.

"Yes, Ate. I will." I nodded.

She whispered something but I heard her.

"The old Maze is dead, Ate."

"Maze," Ate sounded hurt with what I said.

"The old Maze is not dead, she's just there buried deep in your heart." She sighed at me before continuing.

"Cause you're afraid to be hurt again. That's why you're hiding the old Maze."

"But that Maze will always be there."

Ate really knows what to say. Everything she said was true.

"You always know what to say, Ate." I chuckled at her.

"Anyways, how's Cream?"

I wasn't really able to talk to her properly after the events. I didn't talk to anyone. I was able to say goodbye to her though before leaving.

"She doesn't have a scholarship anymore."

"Ate! I said don't take that from her." I hissed.

"Wait, I'm not yet done, Maze." Ate shook her head at me.