On Past, Jealousy, and Alcohol

ON PAST, JEALOUSY, AND ALCOHOL

A CAMBIO×EMMA AU

It was a normal day for Almeida-Serrano household.

At least to their definition of normal.

The family of three is on the table currently having their breakfast before going on to their respective days. Only the clinking of the cutleries and the sound of chewing could be heard from them.

"Emma," Camila called.

"Yes, Camila?" Emma answered and put down her utensils.

"How's your studies?" Camila asked.

"Camila naman," Fabio grunted at Camila.

"No Papa, it's okay." Emma looked at his father and smiled.

"I'm doing my best, Camila." Emma answered before putting food on her mouth.

"Good, dapat lang, Emma. You need to be the best, tandaan mo yan." Camila replied and drinked her coffee.

"Basta ako Emma, proud ako sa lagi mong ginagawa. Ang galing galing mo kaya." Fabio smiled at his daughter.

"I know, Papa. Thank you." Emma answered.

The family continued their breakfast. Emma was the first one to leave for school. Camila watched as Emma boared their SUV before the driver drive away, taking Emma to school.

Next one to leave was Fabio. He was wearing a black suit and was carrying a brown satchel when he bid good bye to Camila.

"We'll have lunch together." Fabio said after he kissed Camila's right cheek.

"Fabio, hindi na need." Camila sternly said.

"I insist Camila, and you can't say no about it." Fabio insisted before he left.

An hour after Fabio left, Camila also left the mansion driving her own SUV. She was wearing a monochrome formal outfit, a huge white hat and big black sunglasses.

When she arrived at the casino, the staff showed their respect to their real boss. Outside the casino, Fabio Serrano is the one known to be pulling the strings of operation.

But inside, they all know that Alba Almeida is the one giving orders and you don't want to mess with her.

"Cancel my lunch meeting if ever I have one." Camila ordered her assistant.

"Noted po Ma'am Alba." Her assistant answered.

But when lunch time came, no Fabio came to pick her up neither a text message from him. But Camila still waited for him, as he might still finishing a few errands for the casino. But when she can't take it anymore, she called Fabio's assistant.

"Yes po, Ma'am Alba?" Fabio's assistant asked when he answered the call.

"Nasaan ang Sir Fabio mo?" Camila asked with no emotion on her voice.

"He was out for a lunch meeting po, Ma'am." The assistant replied.

That asshole! Camila thought. How dare he promise to her yet he's out spending it with others.

"Sino ang kasama niya?"

"Someone named Beatrix po Ma'am."

Camila didn't know what she was feeling. She was feeling angry that Fabio spending time with another woman when in fact he promised to spend his lunch with her.