Wish Granted

WISH GRANTED
A CAMBIO×EMMA AU

Vida bounced into her sister's room. Her elder sister, Emma, was sitting at her desk, working on her homework.

"Emma," Vida said, "will you play tag with me?"

Emma sighed. "I'm almost done with my homework," she said. "Can you wait a few minutes?"

"But I want to play now!" Vida said. "It's a beautiful day outside."

Emma looked out the window. It was a sunny day, with a light breeze. "Okay," she said. "I'll play with you for a few minutes."

Vida jumped up and down with excitement. "Yay!" she said. "Let's go!"

Emma followed Lily out of her room and down the stairs. As they ran through the living room towards the door, their mother, Camila saw them running.

"Emma, Vida, where are you going?" Camila shouted to ask them.

The two stopped running by the door.

"We're just gonna play outside, Ma," Emma answered.

"We're playing tag, Ma," Vida added.

"Okay, you two take care. Be careful when running, okay?" Camila reminded them.

"Yes, Ma!" Both girls answered before going out of the house.

They ran outside and into the backyard.

"Ready or not, here I come!" Vida said.

Emma closed her eyes and started counting. "One, two, three, four..."

Vida tiptoed around the yard, trying to be quiet. She was so excited that she could barely contain herself.

When Emma reached ten, she opened her eyes and looked around. Vida was nowhere to be seen.

"Vida?" Emma called. "Where are you?"

There was no answer.

Emma started to walk around the yard, looking for Vida. She looked behind the bushes, under the trees, and even in the sandbox. She couldn't find her anywhere.

"Vida?" Emma called again, her voice starting to get worried. "Where are you?"

Just then, Lily jumped out from behind a tree. 

"Got you!" Vida said.

Emma laughed. "You got me," she said. "But now it's my turn to tag you."

As they continued playing tag, Emma was chasing Vida. Vida was running as fast as she could, as fast her legs could take her but Emma was gaining on her.

Suddenly, Vida tripped and fell. 

She landed hard on the ground, and her head hit a rock. Her fall made a loud sound that made Emma stop in her tracks. She waited for Vida to get up but as seconds flew by nothing happened.

"Vida!" Emma shouted.

Emma ran over to her sister, but Vida wasn't moving. She was unconscious.

A pool of blood was also beneath Vida's head.

"Vida!" Emma tried waking her sister up but to no avail.

Emma started to cry. She didn't know what to do. 

Emma got up with blood still on her hands. She ran to the house to get her parents.

"Mama! Papa!" Emma shouted while crying when she entered the house.

"Emma!" Her father, Fabio, shouted in worry. "What happened?"

"Why are your hands covered with blood?" Fabio continued asking.