Crashed

CRASHED

A PAUMAJ AU

It was still very early in the morning, the sun has not rise yet, when Dane woke up to a familiar ringtone that was coming from her phone. She sat up on the bed still feeling unwell from the case of flu she have for two days now. She quickly fetched her phone while her other hand is still rubbing her eyes to ease her drowsiness. She quickly look at her phone to see who was calling her this early.

Doc. Castrances calling

Why would he call? She thought to herself before answering his call.

"Hello?"

"Doctor Takahashi, I apologize for disturbing you this early."

It was Julian who called, Dane's cousin in-law and the head of the diagnostic department of Salvador Medical on which she owns. It still feels strange to her hearing her husband's surname yet, they were pertaining to her. Her husband has recently changed his surname months prior their wedding as he didn't want to carry the name of a murderer that he once thought was his real father. Dane knows that Kenzo Ryu, the real father of her husband is happy with the choice of his son.

"It's okay Julian." Dane nonchalantly replied.

"I hope you are feeling well now Doctor Takahashi because we need you in the ER right now." Julian's voice screams urgency.

With his tone and choice of words, Dane knows that this really speaks about hospital related matter. Julian would only addresses her as Doctor Takahashi when it was really an emergency and this phone call sound like one. So, Dane stood up from their bed and went inside their walk-in closet still talking to Julian.

"Im okay now Doctor Castrances" She quickly lied to him.

She's still feeling a little hot and dizzy but, patients comes first before her.

"What's the case?" She asked Julian while picking a decent and simple outfit to change into. She can't go to the hospital in pajamas of course.

"A ruptured appendix, you're are the only GS doctor available. Doctor Mendez is currently doing a Cholecystectomy, while Doctor Fortalezo is doing a Colectomy."

Dane knows that Julian himself but can do the operation alone but, she knows his reason on why refuses to operate on anyone anymore. She pinched the bridge of her nose remembering the cases that Julian presented to her. Why does every General Surgeon in the hospital is doing surgeries on the digestive system at this time of hour.

"Keep the patient stable, I'll be there in fifteen minutes." She answered.

"See you here." Julian replied and he dropped the call.

Dane went on to change into a brown short sleeved turtle neck and white slacks. She went out of the walk-in closet and saw that her dear husband stirred in his sleep.

How cute. Dane thought to herself.

She never really thought that they would end up like this. After they badly broke up a few years ago and she decided to hide their child from him, she never really thought that they would be together again. But, destiny had other plans for them.

He was clearly angry with her when they met again two years ago and she also feels the same about him. She thought that her husband won't accept their child but, the opposite thing happened.

She then went beside him and lean down to kiss him on the forehead and then move down to kiss him on the lips. Her husband quickly respond to her kiss and before this could go crazy, she broke the kiss.