The Beginning

The sun is rising early in Pohang. Everyone is busy preparing for the day. Suryeon wakes up and do her usual morning routine. After a cup of coffee and moments of silence, she now prepares going to the restaurant.

Suryeon is known to be a mysterious lady in their village. She's not a native and only been living there for 2 years. No one knows where she came from, only Mrs. Lee who she treats as grandma. Despite of being mysterious, she is very charming that everybody loves her. A ray of sunshine as they say but with those pretty smiles hid sad memories that she wants to escape forever.

"Good morning halmeoni!" Suryeon greeted.

"Good morning Suryeon-ah. You're too early."

"Of course I am because I don't want you doing all the opening, halmeoni. I told you already that you should have more rest and just let us do the job."

"Us? Or you mean you only hehe. Those jerks are always late! I should consider firing them already."

Suryeon laugh. It's the usual morning routine of Mrs. Lee. Everyday ranting about the staffs being late but at the end of the day she still loves all of them. That's how kind their halmeoni is.

30 minutes later, the other staffs arrived (Yoonhee, Yoonchul and Junki) all earning a sermon from Mrs. Lee. Suryeon, on the other hand, started preparing the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in the busy city of Seoul...

Logan jumps out from bed after seeing the time.

"Shoot I'm late!" He rushes to the bathroom.

After partying all night and getting drunk, he forgot that he has a special appointment today which is the contract signing for one of their company's biggest project.

After taking a bath, he rummages his closet and immediately get dressed. As he was about to leave, he received a call from his secretary.

"Sir, where are you?" asks Sec Hong.

"I'm on my way. Is our partner still there? Tell them to wait for me. I'll be there in 5 minutes. No make it 10 minutes" Logan almost trip on the floor on his way out.

"They already left"

"What? Oh no! I'm so dead."

"Well, they were able to sign the contract. Your father took care of it"

And at this moment, he knew he's in big trouble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suryeon is busy cooking since people are starting to come in the restaurant for breakfast. With the help of her assistant Yoonhee, they started preparing all the orders.

"Unnie, your new dishes have become really popular" Yoonhee said as she noticed that almost all the orders are Suryeon's abalone rice and blue crab stew which are the new additions to the menu."

"I'm so grateful. Actually, I didn't expect that they will like it."

"Well, everything you cook is really delicious. This restaurant was dead before until you came."

"Shhhh don't say that. What if halmeoni hears you?"

"It's true anyways. She is aware of that."

"Yah just help me remove the skin of these ginkgo nuts"

"Arraseo unnie" Yoonhee surrendered.

As they are quietly shelling the ginkgo nuts, they suddenly heard halmeoni raising her voice while talking on the phone.

"What are you saying? You'll send that stubborn kid here? No no I won't allow!" and halmeoni continued with her intense phone conversation

"Did you hear that unnie?"

"Hear what?"

"Seems like we'll be meeting her grandchild"

"Oh, the one she's always mentioning to us. What's his name again?"

"Logan"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Abeoji, I'm really sorry ok. I didn't mean to forget the contract signing. Of course, why would I forget it. It's one of our biggest project." Logan said nervously

After a moment of silence which seems like a lifetime, his dad has spoken. "You will go to Pohang"

"What? Why? No! I won't go there!"

"As if you have a choice. I'm taking you out from that project because you almost blew it away. And this isn't the first time it happened. I've been patient with you Logan, but this is enough. No buts if you still want to be part of our company."

"How long do I need to stay there?"

"Until I tell you"

Left with no choice, Logan said yes to his father and is now packing his things.

"I'll make sure I won't stay there for long" he swore to himself not knowing there's something that would change him forever.

Author's Note: It's my first time to write so this story will just be a simple one. Thanks for reading!