Returning Home

"Was the news already released?" Mr. Joo said.

"Yes sir, this morning" his secretary answered.

"Good. Seems the plan is working well"

"Dad, are you really planning to get us married?" Soohee asked.

"Well, if you would like to. After all he is A LEE" her dad answered. "But what's important is we get rid of him from Suryeon. That woman, she doesn't deserve happiness after what she did to your brother"

"Hmm I kind of like him dad. His type shouldn't be wasted for a cheap woman like her. Help me make that news happen"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan's nightmares came back after he witnessed that accident on the road. He became sleepless and restless for the past days, even loss his appetite and isolated himself. This was exactly the same old Logan after his brother's death. The trauma and guilt are overwhelming him that he has already forgotten there is someone waiting for him in Pohang.

Suryeon has been crying every night since the news came out. She doesn't want to believe it because she trusts Logan. But him not contacting her and not answering her calls ever since made her think otherwise. Maybe the news is true, maybe Logan came back to his senses and realized that Seoul is really his life, maybe Logan wants to forget her already. Just by thinking of these makes her heart so heavy that it would like to explode.

"Suryeon-ah" she heard a knock on the door of her bedroom.

"Can I come in?" Mrs. Lee asked.

She wipes her tears away and opened the door.

"Halmeoni" Suryeon hugged Mrs. Lee tightly.

Mrs. Lee hugged her back. She knows Suryeon is really hurting, and it breaks her heart seeing her this way. She just let her cry and waited for her to calm down so they can talk about it.

"Suryeon-ah, I know this is a big challenge to you and Logan. But I believe deep in my heart that something had happened to him. I've known my grandson as a loyal and sincere person. Seeing the way, he treats you; I really can tell he genuinely loves you."

"I know he loves me, halmeoni. But... my thoughts... they are overpowering me"

"Believe in your heart Suryeon-ah. He'll surely go back to you. I know fate has brought you two together" Mrs. Lee hugged her again.

"Thanks, halmeoni"

After their talk, Suryeon tried calling Logan again, but she was forwarded to a voicemail. There she left him a short message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To know what's really happening with Logan, Mrs. Lee instructed Sec Hong to go back to Seoul. Suryeon wants to go too but she's afraid it might not be a good decision and could make the situation worse, though she badly wants to see him. She's longing for him, his warmth, his embrace that makes her feel safe and secured. She then remembered the cupcake she baked before that he really loves so she made some and handed it to Sec Hong.

"Please give him these" she said.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Sec Hong asked.

"Ne. Just make sure he's okay and... tell him to talk to me... even for the last time" Suryeon said with tears forming in her eyes. She's expecting the worst scenario but still she just wants to hear his voice even if it is the last.

"Arraseo. I'll contact you right after I got there"

"Thank you, Mr. Hong. Have a safe trip"

"Just knowing your condition and hearing your voice are enough, my love" Suryeon said to herself.