Refuge

Weeks passed and Logan seems to be adjusting already. He's enjoying his work in the restaurant – serving customers, wiping tables, mopping the floor, washing dishes – which he never thought he would do in his entire life. Imagine a "Logan Lee" doing all these things. He's like a spoiled heir in Seoul but here in Pohang he transforms into an ordinary person.

Also, he is now close with all the staffs. They became friends more than co-workers. During their free time, Logan and the boys would play basketball. On some occasions, they would all go to halmeoni's house and eat samgyeopsal together. Logan never felt this warmth before. It's like he has found a family in this place.

He and halmeoni has gotten close as well which again he never expected. Since the incident happened 7 years ago, their relationship has grown cold. He's so thankful that this happened, and they were kind of restored.

But more than anyone else, Logan is happy being friends with Suryeon. They started speaking informal and he started calling her "noona" (she's 5 years older than him). Every morning, he drives her and halmeoni to the restaurant. He also volunteers himself in accompanying Suryeon whenever she goes to the market. This is to ensure that she is safe after what happened on their first market together.

Flashback

As part of Logan's "so called disciplinary training", Mrs. Lee made him go to the market with Suryeon. He doesn't want to of course because it's a market and for him it's a messy place. But, because it is with her noona, he did not refute but easily obeyed. In fact, he's happy because they will spend time together even if it is in the market. He still doesn't know why but he's just happy being with her.

Logan was so funny all throughout. He really doesn't have any idea on how things go in the market. He's also like an innocent child, curious of everything. Suryeon finds it cute though and she patiently explained everything to him. As they proceed to the seafood section, Logan got scared of the alive octopus which makes noona laughed so hard.

"Noona! It's alive! The octopus is alive! So creepy! I can't even look at it!" Logan hid at Suryeon's back.

"Omo you're scared Logan? You're scared with an octopus?! C'mon it won't hurt you" Suryeon teasing Logan and dragging him near the octopus.

"Noona no pls!"

Looking at the other side Logan also saw alive crabs and abalone.

"Omo the crabs and abalones are moving as well! I just can't with this place noona. They're like sea monsters! I'm outta here! I'll wait for you in the fruits section. Bye!" Logan in a speed of light walks toward the fruit section.

"Hey Logan come back here! The octopus still wants to say hi!"

Suryeon is laughing so hard at Logan who became a scaredy cat for a second. She then realized that it's like ages since she laughed this way and she's genuinely happy.

As she walks towards the fruit section where Logan is waiting for her, she heard a familiar voice from afar and suddenly her body seemed to be frozen. She looked at the direction where the voice is coming from and she saw the person she's most dreaded to see. Thankfully, he didn't see her because he's busy talking on the phone. Suryeon didn't know what to do. She wants to run and find Logan, but she can't move her body. Her tears are starting to fall when someone grabbed her shoulders.

"Noona, are you okay? What happened?"

Logan saw her from afar and wondered why she isn't moving. Her head is bowed down and her body seems to be trembling. As he noticed it, he made his way immediately to her.

Suryeon's body tensed as she feels the hand on her shoulders but calmed down upon hearing his voice. She looked to him with tears.

"Wae? Did someone hurt you? What happened noona tell me?"

"Lo-logan, don't leave me please. I'm scared."

"Scared of who?"

Logan looks around and saw nothing suspicious.

"Hey noona, calm down ok? I'm here I won't leave. Let's go back to the restaurant."

He grabs her by the waist to secure her and she automatically leaned her body to his finding refuge.

End of Flashback

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because of what happened, he told halmeoni that he will be accompanying Suryeon everytime she goes to the market. Since Mrs. Lee knows Suryeon's situation, she allowed Logan thinking that he'll be able to protect her. She also saw the sincerity in her grandson's concern for the lady. However, Yoonhee is not happy with it because she likes to go with her unnie buying things they needed for the restaurant. So, both dongsaengs entered a petty argument.

Flashback

"I'm the one assigned to go with unnie to the market. In fact, I'm the assistant chef so it's just right for me to go with her. Also, you don't know anything about the kitchen so how will you help." Yoonhee challenged Logan

"I'm learning you know. Also, I'm a big help to noona when it comes to bringing all the stuff that she bought. With this fit body, I can even lift her up so she'll not get tired walking." Logan answered Yoonhee confidently

"Enough enough! You little children. What if I just fire you both?" halmeoni jokingly said.

Suryeon is just laughing while watching her two dongsaengs argue. But deep inside, she's touched especially with Logan who wants to protect her. Sometimes she thinks that he is her knight in shining armor but looking at the situation between them, their age and status, she knows she has to stopped that thought.

"Our relationship is just noona-dongsaeng. He just likes me as her noona. Nothing more." Suryeon convincing herself of this everytime.

End of Flashback

The argument was settled, and Logan won to Yoonhee's frustration. And he promised to protect noona at all cost. 

Author's Note: This part is a bit short and full of flashbacks. I just want to emphasize how Logan has been adjusting in Pohang. Hope you still like it. Thanks for reading!