23

"What's going through that beautiful mind of yours?"- Druig

"Y/n, did kill a Deviant" Druig spoke up with pride for you, you leaning your head on his shoulder tiredly

"I am sorry, what?" Phastos looked at you in shock. "You don't want to tell me that?"

"You have never been able to do that before" Makkari noted.

"I don't know how it happened okay? I am pretty sure I couldn't do it again" you mumbled.

"Well, now is the time to try. Don't you think?" Phastos cheered as Druig nudged you, trying to get you to cheer up a bit and give you hope.

"Phastos, that Deviant is dead. Our plan is to put Tiamut to sleep not to kill it I can't kill a celestial" you argued with panic, feeling too tired to do this alone.

"y/n, y/n" Phastos tried to talk you into it.

"We can't!" Sersi snapped suddenly, speaking up for the first time since Ikaris left. "We can't" she sighed as everyone looked to her in fear.

"It's ok Sersi, we got this" Druig promised, holding your hand in his as he promised you that you could both do it together.

"Heart and mind?" You looked to him with a glimmer of hope in your eyes.

"Heart and mind" he agreed as Sersi stood to leave the lab, needing a moment on her own.

"You know what sucks more than anything?" You looked up at Druig and Thena as you spoke softly. They waited for you to continue "They were my friends. I love them- or I loved them" you corrected.

"We all did, deep down" Druig admitted.

"I saw how he killed Ajak." You stated to those who were left in the lab.

"What?" Phastos looked over in shock.

"When Makkari was running us back here I got a flow of memories from Ikaris enter my head. I was there that morning, but went back to Australia after Ikaris had arrived. She told him about how she wanted to stop the emergence and he killed her because he was more loyal to Arishem." You began to get choked up at the memories, watching her die over and over again in your head.

"Do you blame yourself?" Phastos asked you.

"What?" you raised your head in shock, Druig moving to standing in front of you protectively in case anyone else decided to turn on you.

"Well it's quiet common in your position to feel a kind of guilt" he continued. "I would know, I've been in your place"

"What situation?" you asked in confusion.

"The accidents" he stated. "Are you tormented by memories?" He asked next.

"That's enough" Druig cut in harshly. He looked back at you as you moved towards the hallway, leaving the group to be alone. You made your way to your room where you felt safe. You sat on the floor where you used to meditate, twisting the ring Ajak had given you around your finger.