24

"This could be the end of everything"-Y/N

I walked across an empty land. I knew the pathway like the back of my hand. I felt the earth beneath my feet. Sat by the river and it made me complete. You looked out of the window, closing in on the volcano where Tiamut would emerge, thinking of everything you had been through to get this far.

Oh simple thing, where have you gone? I'm getting old and I need something to rely on. You looked back to the statue of Arishem, remembering the first day on your mission and Ajaks first words to you all. It's time. Those words held much more weight now and all you could think of was how much you wished she had been here to help you all finish your mission.

So tell me when you're gonna let me in. I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin. Druig looked to you from across the room, wanting to help you, but not knowing how.

Is this the place we used to love? Is this the place that I've been dreaming of? You smiled, thinking of all the happy memories on the Domo, a frown taking over when you thought of all that had gone down in the last few hours.

"And if you have a minute, why don't we go. Talk about it somewhere only we know?" Druig sauntered over towards you with his offer, wanting to be with you at the end of the world.

"This could be the end of everything" you reminded sadly, not wanting this life to end.

"So why don't we go somewhere only we know?"

"Somewhere only we know" you repeated his words, knowing you had to complete this mission.

"Protect the Emergence" you heard Ikaris tell Sprite as your ship had gotten close enough.

"You're really going to kill them?" Sprite asked, already knowing his answer.

"What is it?" Druig worried when you face fell blank, thinking you had been pushing him away again.

"They're coming" you turned to the group.

"Go" Thena told you sternly with a nod that she could handle this. You all rushed out of the Domo, landing on the solid ground of earth like you had way back in Mesopotamia.

"Where's Druig and y/n?" Ikaris demanded, blasting through the side of the ship into the room you had once stood in.

"They're busy" Thena claimed, casually pushing herself off of the wall and stalking towards him as she conjured a weapon.

"Thena, play nice" Ikaris warned. She swung her blade at him but he caught it simply, not letting her win. "You have never had to fight me" he reminded her carefully.

"But I have always wanted to" she smirked, extending the blade, but he moved just in time. She fought him relentlessly, kicking him back and putting up a shield as he blasted at her.

Makkari had sped you, Sersi and Druig out far enough from the Domo. You stated calmly walking side by side, nerves building up as you got close enough to feel the celestial deep within the earths core.

"It's time to put it a god to sleep" Sersi claimed, looking to make sure you were still ready to go through with this. With a nod to the others you all clicked your bracelets into place. Your body was lifted off the ground, gold aura surrounding you all as their powers flowed to make you and Druig stronger than before.

Ikaris pushed thena back, blasting at her as she put up a shield to protect herself. She swung her sword at him and he ducked before hitting at her shield and cracking it. He pinned her to the wall in the air after flying up, trapping her against the wall. Thena smiled proudly that your plan was working as the gold started to reflect out of her. Ikaris watched in confusion before he realized what was happening. He moved back as she lifted on her own like the rest of you.

Ikaris flew out of the Domo to see the line of gold magic trailing right to you and Druig outside on the beech. As you started to work your minds the volcano began to cool down and Ikaris took notice of this, hurrying to fix the problems you had created. With anger he flew down and shot Druig in the back, knocking him down and breaking the spell.

"I should've done this five centuries ago" Ikaris stated as he flew down and grabbed Druig by the neck harshly, not giving him a chance.

"No" you woke from the trance with panic. You watched in horror, feeling no panic from Druig as though he had accepted his fate of Ikaris killing him. Ikaris flew them into the air where you couldn't step in and fight him. Sersi and Makkari stood by you, watching intently as they flew higher and higher.

Ikaris forcefully pushed Ikaris down towards the earth, shooting him down painfully with a laser beam from his eyes, hatred prompting his actions. You felt a surge of pain from Druig, knowing exactly what he was feeling in that moment and yet he still wasn't scared. The pain suddenly stopped as your heart sank, you two were no longer connected because Druig was dead.

"No!" You cried out with everything bubbling back up to the surface, unable to control all of your emotions. At that moment the Domo entered in the sky, Ikaris flying to shoot it down.

The large spaceship came crashing towards you, Makkari speeding you out of the way just in time. Tears flowed freely down your face when Makkari had returned with Phastos and Thena. Thena looked to you with worry, not yet knowing what had happened. You wiped away your tears coldly, seeing Ikaris flying back towards you all. You set a stern look on your face, ready to end this once and for all even though the emotions were eating at you and breaking your mind.

"Poor, y/n" Ikaris glared at you, landing in front of you all, Sersi turning to face the man she loved long ago. "No Ajak, no Gilgamesh, no Druig" he continued to taunt. "All alone" he stated, getting the better of you.

"She's not alone" Thena reminded.

"Druigs gone, it's over" he said to you all. Thena eyed you carefully, knowing his name coming from Ikaris had triggered something inside of you. You reached for your sword, marching towards him and swinging when he was gone. You looked around in confusion, not thinking clearly to see that Makkari had taken him to the beech to fight as of Thena's orders.

"Thena" you glared at her as she walked over to you slowly. She carefully pushed your sword down, lowering your guard as she explained her actions, looking you in the eyes to tell your mind was distant.

"Y/n, don't go cold on me now. Pull yourself together, I know this is hard but you are our last hope at stopping Tiamat" she reminded gently yet sternly, exactly what you needed to hear right now. "We will hold off Ikaris. Use your heart and keep your mind close"

"But he's gone" you let a tear fall as you were close to breaking.

"He's still part of you" Thena said remembering what it felt like when she had lost Gilgamesh only days ago. You gave her a silent nod, promising her that you would be able to do this. You all spun around at a large rumble, the volcano exploding with chunks of lava. Rocks began to fall from the sky down towards you all.

..........................

Question of the day: what was your reaction to Druig's death?

Only four more chapters after this!

Heart And Mind (Druig x reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara