26

"Stop the illusions Sprite, it's not funny!"-Y/N

"No" Sersi gasped, rushing to stand in front of your protectively

"No" Sersi gasped, rushing to stand in front of your protectively. "What did you do?" She looked to the smaller Eternal with hurt and disappointment.

"I have always envied you, Sersi, because you get to live as one of them and I never could. You know why I hated living with humans? Because they reminded of things that I didnt even know I wanted Because of them, now I want to know what it feels like to grow up, to fall in love, to have a family and to know in the end I've lived" Sprite told her the honest truth and you felt the pain coming from her as she admitted her feelings to you both. Sprite made more illusions of the volcanoes, making it so that you couldn't find the real one to stop the Emergence.

Your heart rate picked up and your mind raced again. Everything had caught up to you as you thought you wouldn't be able to stop this. Everything Druig, Gilgamesh and Ajak had fought for was gone.

"It's all over now. We get to start over somewhere new" Sprite claimed with a shaken voice. A rock hit the back of Sprites head, knocking her out as you heard a familiar voice, but you couldn't focus on anything at the moment.

"Well, that was very moving" Druig claimed sarcastically and calmly as he tossed the rock aside behind him.

"Druig" Sersi said as his eyes set on you, now being held in Sersi's arms, dagger being turned to water by Sersi.

"No, y/n" he rushed over to you, Sersi letting him take her place. "No, you can't leave me" he begged holding you close. Thoughts flooded your head as you looked into his eyes with shock. You shook your head as you tried to push him back, not being able to deal with this right now.

"Stop the illusions Sprite, it's not funny!" You cried out desperately, done with everything and pain evident in your voice.

"It's really me" Druig tells you, catching your hands in his own to get you to stop pushing him away. He nodded to Sersi to turn a rock into cloth to cover your wound while he focused on you again. "You know it's me" he speaks into your mind, clearing through the thoughts to get to you. You felt the truth as he held your hands to his heart, letting you feel that he is still alive and holding you closely.

"I know" you reply in his head before letting out a choked sob of his name.

"You're safe" Druig told you as he wrapped the cloth around your wound, pulling you in for a close hug as he let a few tears of his own fall, hating how he made you feel with his 'Death'. He helped you to your feet, keeping you upright as you leaned heavily on him, unable to stand on your own.

"Never leave me like that again" you scolded slapping his arm in a joking way while your words held a heavy weight.

"You know you love me" he teased in your mind.

"I do, which is why I can't watch you get hurt like that again" you speak into his mind with tears in your eyes.

"I love you, y/n" Druig pulled you in for another close hug, not ready to let you go.