17

"I don't want to hurt you"- Y/N

"So are you going to join us?" Sersi asked with hope, breaking the dreadful silence

"So are you going to join us?" Sersi asked with hope, breaking the dreadful silence. Without answer Druig moved after you, leaving the others on their own.

"Are you alright miss?" A villager asked you with worry as you sped past him.

"Shut up, Druig!" You snapped at the man, thinking Druig was controlling him.

"I'm sorry about her" Druig rushed to apologize before racing after you again, seeing your fleeting silhouette.

You hurried through the forest, slumping down on a tree root when you were isolated enough to not have everyone's thoughts overcrowding your head. You set your head in your hands, mind racing too fast for you to keep up. You took in shaky breaths, trying to calm yourself as reality set in, Druig wouldn't help and you couldn't do this alone, the world was ending and there was nothing you could do about it.

"I know you're there" you told him in your mind, without having to look over and see him slowly step closer.

"I know you know" he spoke softly in your head, calming you down slightly like he always had. Druig sat beside you when you didn't respond, looking to the dirt ahead as he couldn't look you in the eyes. Guit filled him and you could tell, but you didn't know that it was because he overheard your thoughts and doubt about him not wanting to join you all.  "So you really believe this?" He turned his head to face you.

"Yes" you nodded quietly.

"Your thoughts are really loud" he let out a short laugh, trying to make light out of the situation.

"I know" you sighed, head falling back into your hands.

"Wanna talk about it?" Druig offered with a little nudge. Your head shot up out of your hands, looking up frantically around the quiet forest. "Y/n" Druig spoke your name carefully, having the same feeling in his own mind.

"Devients" you stated, the two of you shared a nod and rushed towards the village. You jumped over trees and roots and plant using the training you had remembered from Thena all those years ago before you went into isolation in Australia.

"Quick Get in!" Sersi called out to the people as she shut them in a shed and closed the doors, turning it to metal so it couldn't be broken through by the Deviant.

"Sersi!" You shouted running in between her and the Deviant, but getting knocked back harshly with a groan of pain.

"Y/n!" Sersi cried out as you hit a building with a crash. Everything came back at you full force as you thought you were about to die, Deviant standing over you. Gunshots rang out as the Deviant turned away from you.

"Y/n, come on, get up" Sersi prompted, walking towards you as you shuffled back in fear, mind unfocused.

"Y/n, it's me, Druig" he spoke into your mind softly. "Listen to Sersi and get up, you're no good to anyone sitting in the dirt" Druig reminded. The thoughts racing around melted away as you accepted Sersi's hand.

"No" you gasped suddenly as realization hit that Druig was controlling the people to have them shoot the Deviant, putting them in danger. Sersi helped you to your feet as you watched Druig jump over the Deviants tail and dive for the riffle on the ground. Villagers were knocked back by the Deviant, getting hurt in the process. He ran up the back of the tail and jumped to shoot it in the back. The Deviant screeched at him and Sersi jumped into action. She touched a nearby tree, turning a section of it into water before making the top half become solid metal, knocking it onto the Deviant to trap it temporarily.

"Druig, Let them Go" you urged, rushing over to him as he stood up from getting knocked down.

"Now is not the time, y/n" Druig reminded sternly.

"Please, I know you are better than this" you tell him, grabbing his shoulder to make sure he is listening closely to your words. He gently pulled away from your arms and turned to the people. Raising his arm he released them from his hold. He knew you would never forgive him if one of them had died under his control.

"Druig, What happened?" A man asked, you feeling his clear fear for what was happening to their home.

"Go, get to the river!" He gave them the orders. The devient started struggling to get out from under the tree. Druig grabbed your arm and pulled you away to get away from it, Sersi already running off on her own.

"Druig!" You shouted as he was knocked back by the Deviant.

"Y/n!" Sersi grabbed your hand, pulling you towards her as the Deviant towered over Druig. Ikaris flew in just in time to shoot back the Deviant.

"Druig" you raced over to him, pulling him to his feet and making sure he was okay, eyes scanning over him. You turned at the sound of struggle noticing how Ikaris struggled under the Deviant that had him pressed into the ground, unable to fight back.

"Ikaris!" Sersi called with worry.

"Go on" Druig sighed, knowing you wanted to help him even if you both disagreed with Ikaris most of the time. You pulled out your sword and ran towards the Deviant, stabbing it in the side as it screeched in pain. It pulled your sword with it, still stuck in its side as it knocked you back into the dirt. It was about to ram towards you again, forgetting about Ikaris. You reached out to stop it with your hands, wincing back when nothing happened. It collapsed to the ground and you shifted back in fear for what you had done, the moment catching up to you.

Kingo, Sprite and Sersi all walked out in shock at what they had seen, you sitting in the dirt with the Deviant laying dead in front of you, no sign of physical harm bad enough to have killed it. Druig paused in shock before rushing to your side, wanting to comfort you. Ikaris looked up in fear and shock for what you were able to do. You stood slowly looking at what you had done, cowering back from their watchful eyes staring you down.

"Woah" Kingo watched from beside Sprite.

"Y/n?" Druig carefully rushed towards you. He reached up to cup your face when you stepped back abruptly. "Y/n, are you okay?" He worried for you and you could feel it.

"I-I don't want to hurt you"  you told him with fear as you coward backwards more.

"You won't hurt me" he claimed reaching out a hand. You carefully and slowly took his hand into your own, letting out a sigh as nothing happened. "See? You can't hurt me" Druig smiled as he pulled you in close for a hug, running his hand up and down your back for comfort. "How did you do that?" He wondered in a soft voice.

"I don't know" you claimed. Carefully you moved to pull your sword from it as you looked back at the others.

Suddenly everything around you stopped as you felt a deep connection lost in your heart and your mind immediately snaps to 100% focus.

"What is it?" Druig worried.

"Gilgamesh" you gasped stepping away from Druig even more. "Thena" you gasped next in a series of realizations.

..........................

Question of the day: how do you feel about y/n killing a Deviant?