11

"Everyone is going to die"-Thena

1521 AD
Tenochtitlan

"Sersi, there you are!" Ajak sighed. Sersi ran over to the small group as they waited for the fighters to return, chaos ravaging in the town. Ajak had been released when she checked Sersi over for any wounds she may have been given on her way over to them.

"Where's y/n?" Druig asked immediately, seeing you weren't with Sersi and knowing deep down you were in trouble wherever you were.

"I thought she was with you" Sersi's eyes went wide when she realized you were missing amidst the flames of the town you had all worked to protect.

"Druig, find her" Ajak ordered sternly, wanting all of you to be safe with each other.

"Y/n" his voice struggled to get into your head as it was filled with emotions. "Listen to me, where are you?"

You let out a scream from the village as you had jumped out of the way of a falling building but got caught underneath it.

"Druig" Ajak urged when he failed to respond, face going blank as he heard your screams.

"She's in the town, a building collapsed."

"Sersi, take Sprite and get her" Ajak said.

"I'm going—" Druig started, walking with the girls when Ajak held him back by the shoulder.

"No. They will save her"

The two women went into the village, invisible under Sprites illusion. They paused, looking around the fires when Sersi heard you scream out in pain as you struggled to set yourself free.

Your mind was racing, unable to focus and use your powers to lift the rubble. Anger and betrayal flooded your mind from the soldiers who were at war with each other. Fear and panic from the people who's homes were being destroyed. Fear from Druig coming through clearly at the forefront of your mind.

"Y/n" Sersi'a voice pulled you out of your thoughts as she stood over you.

"Sersi" you weakly managed to breath out her name.

"I'm here too" Sprite added.

"Hi Sprite" you tried to keep a smile through the pain, knowing if you died right now you wouldn't want them to blame themselves for your pain.

"Let's get you out of there" Sersi kneeled beside you, touching the rubble that had trapped you and turning it into dust. "Come on, we need to get back to the others" She helped you to your feet in a hurry as you coughed out dust that had gotten into your mouth. You managed to stumble back to the forest with the help of Sersi.

"Y/n, thank goodness you're alright" Druig's face lit up at the sight of ypu, taking you from Sersi to pull you into a hug. "You scared me" he whispered and you could feel the weight of his fear. Pulling back to see you he ran his thumb over your lip, seeing the blood that was starting to dry. "Oh, y/n" he sighed and you knew he was blaming himself for not being by your side.