Nikkah

Aaj ki Raat mein kuch toh baat thi. Ek naya safar, ek naya toofaan shuru hone ko tha jiski khabar shayad kisi ko nahi thi. Shanvi ne apne parivaar ke khilaaf jaa kar Hafid se nikaah toh kar liya lekin kya ye nikah waakyi usse khushiyan dega? Ya dega sirf bhayanak yaadein aur dard? Dusri or Hafid pareshan tha. Aaj pehli baar usse apne kiye par pachtawa tha. Ek pareshani se bachane ke liye usne dusri pareshani apne sar le li. Usko koi aur rasta nahi samjh aaya toh usne apni aur Shanvi dono ki zindgi ke sath samjhauta kar liya. Ye NIKAH sirf ek samjhauta tha Hafid ke liye aur Shanvi ke liye uski khushi. Lekin ye khushi kab tak rahegi, ye toh sirf Allah jaane. Kyuki raaz chupaaye nahi chupta, ek din sabke samane aa hi jaayega.

Shanvi was waiting for Hafid in the room which was nicely decorated with flowers and candles. She was sitting in the middle of the bed with her veil covering her properly. However she was too tired to think anything but sleep. No doubt the day was tiring. Their Nikah ceremony took place in a Mosque though her family was not really happy with her but they agreed to her decision. She was missing her family and soon tears pricked her eyes.

On the other hand, in the Mehta's residence everyone looked sad and unhappy. The environment was gloomy. Shanvi's parents looked lifeless whereas his brother was trying hard to lift up their mood. But the things will take time as the situation was serious.

Mrs. Mehta broke down and cried bitter tears remembering how they were blackmailed to agree to this marriage. Shanvi didn't knew about all this, she thinks she made them agree her decision but in reality Hafid's men threatened to kill Shiv (Shanvi's brother). As parents they agreed but deep down they were feeling vulnerable. Mr. and Mrs. Mehta both were sceptical about Hafid and when he sent his men their fears came true. They wanted Shanvi to be happy but she was too innocent for a person like Hafid.

And now when Shanvi was married, they just prayed that Hafid would not do anything which she can't tolerate. Her childhood was already so painful, they didn't wanted her to go through any more trauma now.

Hafid was in his study room standing near the window. After the Nikah ceremony he brought Shanvi to his home. They were in India right now and the next morning he'll leave for Pakistan with Shanvi. He need to introduce her to his family. Though her sister was with him but he was not sure how his family would react. Most of all Shanvi was a Hindu which makes the circumstances disagreeable.

"Kya soch rahe ho Hafid?" Abeera entered the room with a glass of milk in her hands.

"Kuch nahi Aapa, kal ke baare mein soch raha hu"

"Zyada mat socho, ye lo aur ye Shanvi ko de dena" she said giving him the glass of milk.

He glared at her sister and raised his right eyebrow.

"Arey subah se usne kuch khaya nahi hai isliye, mere bhai jo tum soch rahe uske liye toh wakt hai.." she winked and said last words in a teasing tone.

"Aapa aap khud bhi toh de sakti thi na" he rolled his eyes at her sister's teasing.

"Sab mai hi karungi toh tum kya karoge, haan?" She forcefully made him hold the glass and moved him out of the study room, "Chalo tum jao abhi"

"Aapa" he had a determination in his voice and eyes. "Shanvi meri zimmedari hai ab, agar kal kisi ne kuch galat kiya toh mai shant nahi rahunga" he paused for a while and continued "behtar hoga aap phle hi sabko khabar kar dein" saying that he took long strides towards his room.

[Day before Nikah ~ FLASHBACK ]

Shanvi's eyes were shining with the threat of tears "But Bhai I love Hafid..." before she could say anything her brother Shiv started dragging her out of the parking lot.

"Tum pehle ghar chalo , tum aise nahi maanogi aaj papa ko sab bata dunga mai" Shiv barked.

Shanvi's eyes were prickling with tears hoping Hafid will come to save her. She glanced back and saw Hafid standing still. He was watching everything but didn't acted which breaked Shanvi's heart.

"I love you Hafid", she cried furiously and disappeared from his sight. Her voice was full of pain and agony.

Hafid on the other hand stood there, sunk in thought. He felt a sting of melancholy and confusion.

"She's the one for you Hafid" a woman in his 30s putted hand on his shoulder from back. Hafid turned a little only to find his elder sister Abeera.

"No... Aapa please I request you to stay away from this matter" he declared removing her hand.

"Hafid... that girl is craving for you, for your love! And you are acting like a heartless jerk " she holded his shoulders and shook a little "CAN'T YOU SEE HOW MUCH SHE LOVE YOU" she shouted at him. Only she had the guts to talk to him like this. Others would not be alive by now.

"Kya karu mai.. haan.. KYA KARU MAI...!!!!!" He lost his temper and jerked away Abeera's hands from his shoulder.

"I never told her to love me, did I?" his eyes were bloodshot. "Aur aise 100 ladkiya aa ke bolengi toh kya sabse nikah karu mai?"

"Un 100 ladkiyo ka nahi pata mujhe lekin Shanvi se behtar ladki tumhe kabhi nahi milegi.... Kam se kam apni Aapa par itna yakeen Karo ki mai tumhara best hi chahti hu"

"Sorry Aapa lekin ye possible nahi hai"

"Theek hai... tumhe jo theek lage tum karo lekin meri ek baat sun lo..."Abeera hesitated a little before continuing "Abba tumhara rishta Khan uncle ki beti Zoya se karaana chahte hai"

__________________________________________