Threats and revelation

Shanvi gazed the pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky from the window. Hugging her legs close to her chest she admired the moon which seemed flawless, unlike her who was full of flaws.

Random thoughts occupied her mind totally ignoring the fact that she was hungry. Just then her stomach growled reminding her, if Hafid wouldn't have had her lunch she would be starving by now, but still she was a bit hungry. She wondered where Hafid was because he did not showed up after that incident, absolutely unaware of what was going in the other side of the mansion.

Collective footsteps stride down the corridor in the middle of the night at Ali's Mansion. Following the order of their heir, they made way towards his study room.

Their heir half laid on the couch stretching his legs in front and head resting on the back pillow with eyes closed. His mind pursued flow of thoughts of the traitor and Shanvi.

He will definitely find that bloody traitor, he already suspected some of his members earlier but now as it was confirmed that one of them has shook hands with his rival Maaz, he will not spare that fucker's life who dared to betray him.

He composed himself as he heard the clicking sound of the door, people he was waiting for finally came in with not-so-happy look on their faces.

Ali , Noor and Zahra walked in his study followed by his right and left hand Aali Shaan and Aali Zarf, security chief Najeeb and staff head Maham who had serious looks on their faces.

Shaan and Zarf were twins of his age more like best buddies since childhood. They've been there for Hafid in his worst times never leaving his side and so does Hafid.

Najeeb was the security chief in his 50's, his family had been serving their family since generations. And Maham was an elderly woman in incharge of taking care of the mansion. She was like a mother to Hafid, he's more open to her than his own mother. Nobody at fault, it's just Noor is a bit controlling which he can't tolerate.

"You all must have an idea by now why are gathered here" he gestured them to sit waving his hand.

"Is it about Maaz" his father interrupted to which he nodded before continuing.

"There's a traitor among us, so everyone needs to tread carefully until that traitor is revealed."

Noor nodded in response sensing the seriousness in the heir's voice suppressing the urge of ending the unfinished conversation of the afternoon.

Zahra sat there listening him with a straight face trying to hide her sleepy one, while others listened him seriously.

"Nobody will leave this mansion till Eid-al-adha" he had to ensure safety of his loved ones. He don't trust anyone when it comes to their lives.

Trust is something he never does on anyone, be it his own shadow.

"But it's..." Zahra whined only to receive a hard glare from him. Though he was the youngest but his aura was enough to shut them up.

"It's for your safety, so better don't mess and do as told" he hissed not liking the interruption as he was already grumpy due to lack of sleep.

" Abbu and Najeeb uncle, some changes in the security are required that we'll discuss tomorrow..." he informed politely straightening up.

"Okay then..." Humza trailed as he got up to leave to which Hafid responded with a nod.

He was not in mood of discussion at this hour, his motive was to alert them about the upcoming danger by calling them here.

"Hafid I want to talk to you right now" her mother commanded when she saw him leaving.

"Ammi, tomorrow..." he trailed yawning covering his mouth with back of his hand, taking lazy strides towards the door.

"No not tomorrow" her mother demanded his attention, he huffed under his breath before turning.

"Yes one more thing..." he said waving his index finger in air as he remembered what he was missing here totally ignoring what her mother just said.

"Shanvi is not aware of who we really are, and nobody will ever dare to tell her" he warned, his face turning stern in seriousness and sincerity.

"Why? She should know if she's married to you" her mother backfired him with same intensity not able to take his only son worrying over that ungrateful woman so much.

"I will tell her when the right time comes, till then keep your mouths shut" he seethed not able to tolerate her mother's words.

"She only knows that father is a minister here, nothing more than that, she's oblivious with our connection with the underworld Mafia..." he spoke cautiously as if tattooing those words in their brains.

"Act normal in front of her and never speak anything which shouldn't be for her to listen even in your sleep, got it?" he warned them like warning a group of disobedient kids who never listen to anyone.

Zahra, Najeeb and Maham nodded, while Ali blinked very well aware his son was not in a good mood right now.

"I'll deal with them personally who'll try to defy my order" he eyed his mother who was shooting daggers at him with one side of her mouth raised.

"Ammi, just accept her..." he advised and left shooking his head in annoyance, not interested in any further conversation with his mother who's jaw dropped by his move.

Noor glared Ali at his son's behavior but he also left the same way as his son did not wanting to start an argument with her.

"Like father like son" she muttered clenching her teeth; Zahra, Najeeb and Maham disappeared in a second afraid that she'll lash out at them now.

Just when she turned to do so, she only found those twins, their eyes wide filled with confusion which angered her more, "Stupid!" huffing under her breath she began cursing Shanvi and stomped out of the room leaving a bewildered Shaan and Zarf behind who exchanged looks and left too shrugging their shoulders in unison.

"Seems there's a lot to catch up!"