The assault

"I previously instructed everyone to stay within the mansion till Eid-al-Adha." Hafid slammed his hand against the table in despair.

"Why don't you understand that we must attend Mr. Khan's celebration tonight" Noor scoffed exasperatedly.

"I don't want to understand anything Ammi", he raised his voice not able to tolerate disobedience from his mother.

"Anything that matters to me is my family and their safety" he tried to make her understand how dangerous the situation was but only if she could.

"This will harm the reputation of our family." Her eyes were filled with rage that emanated through her mouth.

"Okay, fine. I'll go to the party on my family's behalf.", lifting his hands in submission, he said.

"Fine, Ammi?"

"Take Shanvi with you", Abeera poked in between stepping forward from the corner from where she had been watching to her mother and brother argue for almost an hour .

"Oh no Appa.." he grumbled scrunching his nose and shaking his head in annoyance. He showed his palm to her elder sister gesturing her to stop.

"Have you gone completely insane, Abeera?" Noor interjected not able to help overhearing what she was saying.

"Ammi it's her right!" she exclaimed, her jaw clenched standing fast on her words.

"She's not worthy of being called our family!" venom dripped from her mouth as she locked her gaze on Abeera.

"Take Shanvi with you unless you want that Zoya to stick around you like dirt," she said, turning away from her mother and face his brother.

She stated matter-of-factly, "And the way rumours are spreading these days about you and your wife, it's the greatest time to reveal Shanvi's identity.

"That'll only put her in danger." Hafid replied sternly.

"I swear my brother can protect what's HIS very well," Abeera boasted as she stomped out of the room.

"Hafid... no...you..." Noor opened her mouth to enlighten him, but bit her tongue when he strode past her without saying anything.

He quickly ascended the stairs and dashed into the control room, almost colliding with an employee sloppily carrying a loose stack of forms and documents. The worker's tense body language and stiff posture summed up the mood in this control room right now: tensed.

"Sor...sorry, King," he stammered, apologising for his life.

"Watch your moves!" he seethed, cocking his head forward. He would have dealt with him, but he had bigger problems that required more attention than this useless guy.

Hafid stared at him for a moment before shifting his gaze to the plethora of computer and television screens arranged against the wall behind him.

"How are you doing, son?" Najeeb inquired coming out from his cabin. At the same time, he motioned for that guy to leave, and he dashed away in an instant.

"Why is there no security at this gate?" he inquired, pointing to the bottom right screen.

That gate is shut and hasn't been used in years, so security is taken care of.

Additionally, there is no protection there because of the vast jungle that is behind it, Najeeb explained.

"It doesn't matter; we can't underestimate our adversaries," he said as he moved inside Najeeb's cabin.

"All right, then I'll deploy guards there as well," he assured as he followed him.

"I'll be leaving for Khan's party today," he said, taking a seat in one of the office chairs.

Standing in front of him at a distance, Najeeb nodded.

"After what happened yesterday I don't want any mistakes, take care of the mansion in my absence."

"Don't worry, son, I'll take care of everything."

"Alright, I'll take my leave now" he said as he straightened up.

"Leave the security of the mansion on me, and enjoy today with the daughter-in-law." He applauded patting his back.

"Uncle, I'm not taking her" He responded indifferently.

"Okay, son, you can decide in the end, although I'd like you to follow her" Najeeb insisted on making a slight smile with his extended lips.

....

Somewhere in Multan

Unknown 1: "Are you in your right mind?" The lonely, dark room was filled with a croaky voice

Unknown 2: Over the phone, the silvery voice reaffirmed, "Yes, boss."

Unknown 1: "So you're saying Ali's family has gone insane over that girl?"

Unknown 2: "Their family may appear to be one, but it is divided into two. Team Noor and team Shanvi. Hafid and Abeera are already head over heels for her, and I confirmed Zahra befriended her but kept it a secret from Humza and Noor. The way she's lying suggests that girl is special to them."

Unknown 1: "Interesting... very interesting"

Unknown 2: "That's why I insisted you go after that girl; it'll directly lead up to your enemies."

Unknown 1: "Before offering counsel, fear for your life" one could hear the menace in his voice.

Unknown 2: "I'm sorry, boss."

Unknown 1: "I'd like to know more about this girl," He had a big smirk on his face when he said that.

....

"Hello...Hafid" the phone nearly fell out of Abeera's shaking hands as her voice trembled and was a little indistinct. She had elevated eyebrows that appeared taut, and her mouth was slightly open.

"What's wrong, appa?" In response to her remarks, Hafid blurted out as panic gripped him. His entire face and body stiffened.

She gurgled and choked, engulfed in terror, "They assaulted Shanvi."