Left without a goodbye

It wasn’t long before a knock sounded at the front door. Eighty rose to his feet and checked to see who was paying them a visit. He cracked the door open just slightly, then fully, a confused expression on his face. “…Cat?”

Cat half-smiled with a small, friendly wave. “…Hey, Eighty.”

“Is everything alright?” He asked, stepping back to let her in.

“I could ask you guys the same,” Cat returned. She frowned and looked toward the hallway. “…Is he still in Jack’s room?”

Eighty started to say something, then simply nodded. She would find out what happened to him one way or another, he supposed.

Cat furrowed her brow at him, then turned toward Jack’s room to find her boyfriend.

Ryan was still holding onto Jack, not really wanting to let him go. He heared someone coming down the hall, that's fast.. He looked over when he heard a knock, "Come in." He called over, knowing Cats soft knock by heart.

Cat opened the door quietly and saw Ryan’s gentle smile look up at her. She smiled back “Hey…”

She approached the bed slowly, her eyes drifting down to take Ryan’s hand and catching a glimpse of the red stains in his shirt. She froze with a gasp and put a hand up to her lips in shock.

“Oh…oh my god…” That was all she could say, her petrified eyes fixed on Ryan.

Ryan frowned, moving over just a little, careful to not jossle his wounds. He patted the space next to him, "Take a seat, darling..." He saw her carefully sit next to him. He took a breath in and started to tell the story, him hearing Melroses voice, Data being able to teleport, Data stealing his flesh, him ending up at Melrose and Victors apartment, him.. dying again and everything after that. "..and now I'm on bed rest until..he shows up again..."

Jack could tell that Cat was mortified. He remembered the first time Ryan had tried to tell her everything. It was difficult for her to believe, but...with so many clones of your boyfriend's brother, it's hard to doubt. Jack could hear Cat's quiet sniffles and sobs on the other side of the bed and turned to face the other way, being careful not to disturb Ryan a second time.

Cat smiled softly when she saw Jack. "...Hi, Jack...I don't mean to ignore you, it's just..." She sighed.

Jack shook his head. "It's alright."

Ryan put a gentle hand on Cats arm, trying to comfort her. He just wanted to bear hug her and tell her everything would be alright but he couldn't.. He doesn't know if everything will be alright. "I wish..I could say everything will be alright...and that we will defeat him but even..myself knows that...it'll be hard.." He gave a small empty chuckle.

Cat intertwined her hand with Ryan's gently. "He's got a storm coming for him. The two of you, Adam, all the rest. If you all work together, I'm sure you can put him back where he came from." She chuckled softly.

Jack sat up slowly. "It...it's not that simple..."

Ryan nodded, sitting up a little as well. He wished it was that simple. "He got shot where his heart would be..and he still came back.. He isn't...human..never was. How do you defeat..a non human.." He looked down at his and Cats interwined hands, rubbing his thumb gently against her knuckles.

Cat thought for a moment, looking up at Ryan. "...What's the second closest thing to a heart?"

Jack furrowed his brow. "...What are you...talking about?"

"You guys said he doesn't have a heart," Cat reiterated. "If he doesn't have one, then he must have something that keeps him alive in place of one."