left without a goodbye (2)

All of the Jacks quickly turned their attention to Alba, looks of slight intimidation in their eyes.

Alba sighed softly, "My Jack Evan Metzger." She should've known.

The rest of the Jacks slowly turned back, taking relieved breaths.

Fifty's gaze softened as soon as Alba entered the room. It was...her. Or, rather, she looked just like her. His heart was wistful as he tried to tell himself it wasn't true.

Jack rose to his feet with a feeling of shame. He met Alba's stern gaze as he approached her nervously. "...Hey."

Alba tapped her foot as she looked at Jack, "Don't hey me." Her voice was stern. "You just leave without saying goodbye and the first thing you say to me is hey?" She could feel tears gather in her eyes but she choked them down. "What the fuck happened? Why didn't I hear from you for four fuckin sleepless nights?"

Jack backed up slightly as he looked down at the floor. His shoulders slumped. "...I'm sorry, I..." His brain was drawing a blank. He couldn't think of anything to say that would make her forgive him. He knew he should've been better, but he didn't have a choice. He closed his eyes softly. "...I'm sorry."

Alba let out a breathy sigh. She couldn't stay mad at him. She walked to Jack and hugged him tightly, "Please...don't do that again.. I thought you died... Me and Cat thought you both died..." Her voice cracked a little.

Jack exhaled sharply, then wrapped his arms around her. “I know…” He hated making her worry. “It…wouldn’t be the first time…” He chuckled emptily.

Alba tightened her grip a little more around him as she buried her head in his neck, feeling his pulse, letting her know he was still here.

“I had to go, love…” Jack mumbled, running his hand through Alba’s hair. “I had no choice. He…he’s back…”

"Well... I can help this time." Alba whispered softly. "I don't-"

"Hello everyone, what did we miss?" Melrose said with a smile as he held Finleys hand. His hair was a bit of a mess and he was wearing a scarf to cover up his neck.

Jack stared at the two of them, blinking a bit. He exhaled irately as he let go of Alba.

“…You missed way too much,” Jack grumbled. “I’d ask where you were, but I don’t think I need to.”

Finley hid their face in their coat, frowning as their cheeks turned a slight red.

Melrose blushed softly and frowned, "S..sorry..." They looked around, "Where's Vic and Lucas?" They tilted their head, "I didn't see them when we were leaving."

"They are in Jacks room. Victor needed to calm down from his..panic attack." Ryan looked at Melrose with a sigh.

Melroses eyes widened, shit.. They ran their free hand through their messy hair, "Fuck..." They felt..so much guilt.

With near-perfect timing, Jack's door opened just a crack. Victor poked his head out into the hallway, wearing a soft frown. "....Did someone call...?"

Melrose perked up, "Vic.." He gently let go of Finleys hand and quickly went over to Jacks door. "Are you okay?" He looked at him worriedly.

Victor shrugged gently as he stepped out into the hallway. He sighed as he crossed his arms and made himself smaller. “…Lucas knows…about me killing Data…”

Melrose held Victor, "Oh..bud.." He ran a hand through Victors hair gently. "He still loves you, I'm sure." His voice was soft.

Victor tilted his head as he looked at the floor. “He says he does. I’m just…insecure.”