Tired of being tired

Risk looked at..the woman who was now in front of a waking up Ryan. "H...hey.." He awkwardly waved. Alba tilted her head and looked at Jack, "W..what is he doing here..?" She asked under her breath.

Cat looked confusedly, and somewhat furiously between Risk and Ryan. "You...you can't just say 'hey'! Not after the things you've done! I know who you are, Risk. You're a villain, damn near as bad as...him."

Risk flinched a little bit at the words, looking down. He was just as bad as Data..wasn't he? Ryan woke up to Cat..yelling? He blinked awake and looked at Cat and then Risk..oh.. "C..cat..he's fine.. He's on our side.."

Jack nodded, looking between the girls. "I know what it looks like, given what you've heard. But...he's shaped up. Really," He glanced at his groggy brother. "He even helped me out with Ryan a bit when he was...out of commission." 

 Cat narrowed her eyes at Jack, then turned to look at Risk. "...You helped take care of Ryan?"

Risk looked up and nodded, "Y..yes I did." He rubbed the back of his neck. Ryan nodded, "He did.. He checked my pulse and helped Jack carry me to Jacks room..." He looked to Risk. "He has turned a new leaf.."

Cat sighed and pursed her lips, then met Risk's nervous gaze. "...I still don't trust you, but...if everyone's telling the truth, and you've done what you say you've done, I...guess I can trust you enough to give you a chance..."

Risk smiled a little, "T..thank you.. A chance is all I ask.." Ryan could feel his eyes start to close again when he heard static. His eyes widened as he quickly sat up, the static quickly turned into a train sound... "N..no.." His voice cracked as his eyes got a distant stare. He could see the train tracks in front of him.. He whimpered.

"Ry?" Cat gently put her hand on her boyfriend's shoulder. "Ryan, what's going on? Talk to me."

Ryan let out another whimper, "T..train... D..do you not hear it? Do you n..not see it?" He continued to blankly stare ahead. He could feel his heartbeat quicken.

Jack's heart sank. He could see the dark rings around Ryan's eyes, the paleness in his face. His mind was being evil to him yet again, when he didn't deserve it...when he was vulnerable."Ry...there is no train..." Jack said in a soft voice. "There's nothing out to hurt you. It's the dark parts of your mind coming back to bite you...nothing more."

Ryan blinked and turned to Jack, eyes widening more. He didn't see Jack..only him standing on the tracks..then nothing but a train. "Jack!" His voice broke.

Jack rushed to the floor in front of Ryan and put his hands on his shoulders gently. "I'm here," Jack tried to meet Ryan's panicked gaze. "We're all here."Cat nodded, giving the two some space. "...We're not gonna let anything happen to you, love."Victor felt a sense of urgency loom over him as he broke from Melrose's arms and sped to the floor beside Jack, looking up at Ryan with concern. "She's right, you know," Victor added.

Adam looked at Ryan with a nod. "We all are here for you, Ry." Ryan looked at Jack then everyone else, trying to calm down. He isn't at the tracks... He's home... "Fuck.. I'm sorry..." He felt anger at himself, running a hand through his hair and gripping it hard. "I'm so fucking tired of being tired." He gritted his teeth. "Why me....? Why us..?"

Victor opened his mouth to say something, then his eyes fell to the floor. "I...I'm...not sure..."Jack shook his head, lowering one of his hands from Ryan's shoulder, but keeping the other in its place. He tightened his grip slightly. "D- ...Er...you know who I mean...." Finley intervened from the other side of the room. "He's an asshole; there's...a method to his madness that probably only he can understand. We...might never know why he's after us for certain..." They pursed their lips. "But whatever it is, I'm gonna have some things to say to him the next time I see him. A nice...long...conversation..." Their expression hardened as they stared off into space.